Page 160 of 277 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2763
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    The carbon-fibre ex-WRC VW has ruffled feathers it seems.

It's harder for privateers to be competitive now. Look at Marklund and Larsson defecting to EuroRX.

Peugeot has decided to re-commit, but with the extra manufacturer involvement required to succeed.

Ford called it quits, despite it originally being a three-year programme, stating that they would have had to develop a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Ken Block too confirming that he'll be going back to rallying (no specified series) and doing some Gymkhana GRID races -
    whatever they are?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ1KoNLhOG_/
    Ah, Gymkhana GRID is his own concept. Events where drivers go head-to-head on a timed course that involves lots of doughnuts and handbrake turns.

I am going to surmise that he will be rallying in the newly formed American Rally Association championship and give Subaru some competition in a Fiesta R5-based vehicle.
    Last edited by tomhlord; 4th October 2017 at 16:10.

3. Likes: Gregor-y (4th October 2017)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    The thing about Ford is that RallyCross is heading to an Electric power-train thing, and Ford is not really into that right now. Its rumored that Ken Block will be racing in US (like he said he wanted in instagram comments) with some kind of Msport/Ford support. It'd be cool if they really have a team to race in US with Bakkerud too... But, idk..

Peugeot also said they are interested in Electric RallyCross.. Like VW and Audi.
    Im confused about Peugeot next season. I like to think they are going to enter with a new team with Loeb and Jeanney. Then Hansen will have its own team for his two kids. I'd be ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    The thing about Ford is that RallyCross is heading to an Electric power-train thing, and Ford is not really into that right now. Its rumored that Ken Block will be racing in US (like he said he wanted in instagram comments) with some kind of Msport/Ford support. It'd be cool if they really have a team to race in US with Bakkerud too... But, idk..

Peugeot also said they are interested in Electric RallyCross.. Like VW and Audi.
    Im confused about Peugeot next season. I like to think they are going to enter with a new team with Loeb and Jeanney. Then Hansen will have its own team for his two kids. I'd be ok with that
    Ah, I first read the Ford release like that, talking about the electricfication. But that's not for next season at all, and even then a support class. Re-reading it, I think they mean they would need a new car to be competitive next season and then will re-evaluate participation once the electricification ruleset is locked down.

Think you are right about Peugeot. Will make it very difficult for Hansen to compete with older machinery however.

Maybe they are planning to make Gymkhana Grid a bigger series? It'd be interesting.
    Rally America would be more interesting with that Msport/Block car fighting Pastrana and Higgins.
    Maybe that could attract new names?

OR... maybe thats part of that "OH FORD SHOULD GO BACK TO WRC"... (it'd be pointless to be with Block, I know.. but maybe thats the money to keep Seb.. who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    Maybe they are planning to make Gymkhana Grid a bigger series? It'd be interesting.
    Rally America would be more interesting with that Msport/Block car fighting Pastrana and Higgins.
    Maybe that could attract new names?

OR... maybe thats part of that "OH FORD SHOULD GO BACK TO WRC"... (it'd be pointless to be with Block, I know.. but maybe thats the money to keep Seb.. who knows)
    Hey, that would be a dream. Save a few $$$ in WorldRX and give Malcolm some extra WRC funding.

But, in a weird way, no Ford in WorldRX is less money for Malcolm, seen as M-Sport developed the Focus RX car.

Some isntagram-twitter-facebook confusing comments asking Block if the deal with Ford is done and suggesting he should go back to Subaru! haha That'd be out of nowhere! They have such a great relashionsip. I dont believe Ford would dump Block

Hmmm I think GRC could have an electric series next year, maybe.. But WorldRX was talking about 2020 or something. But maybe Manufacturers are always looking 2 or 3 years ahead. Whats the point of building new cars if the others are investing on the electric rx cars... idk if that is the case, but it could be. Im excited about the electric RX... but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmn booooy Im gonna miss that sound

"it’s a natural time for us to take a break as the future of the series takes shape" - Ford Performance
    Yep... electric engines fault.

well.. GM is also moving into electric cars. Hope GRC bring Chevy ASAP to RallyX
    https://www.wired.com/story/general-...-cars-plan-gm/

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Speaking about Papa Hansen, does he developing his Citroens with support from Citroen Sport..? He could developing C3 RX

Looks like we'll not see Focus RX & the new Fiesta RX, unless there are any interest from ERX participants..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk