Page 170 of 277 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2762
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, then taking away some points would be fair...after everything has happened and decided the punishment is "should have started in row three".
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th November 2017 at 22:06.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, then taking away some points would be fair...after everything has happened and decided the punishment is "should have started on row three".
    Agree that, if that's the penalty he was given, he should be given points as if he was 3rd in the semi-final.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    I just watched the latest ep of bakkerud life on youtube. After Ken was dsq, it looked like Bakkerud would be the driver to be on the final... not Kev Hansen.
    Then some guy from Hoonigan Team went tell Bakku something. English is not my mother language so I couldnt understand what they were saying, but If Bakku was the one to replace Ken on the final, maybe the team decided to not run Bakku on the final. Maybe cuz the penalty was non-sense? IDK if that was the case. I couldnt understand what the guy said to Bakku. But I thought it was weird to see them talking about Bakku being the driver who would race the final after Ken elimination
    Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MxtvlgHVrU
    Around 12min. I even noticed Bakku's car on the broadcast next to Kev Hansen before the final

Anyway... also... a monster energy hat being "throw in the trash" (or something like this. IDK if it was an inside joke) and suddenly a image from a Peugeot car.. A Shot of Bakku watching a Peugeot racing.
    Hints about a new "RedBull Loeb Peugeot Racing" with Loeb and Bakku for 2018? That'd be nice eh?
    But hey... I like conspiracy theories... So maybe nothing that I've said here makes any sense haha
    Last edited by giu canbera; 13th November 2017 at 21:44.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Really impressive that they turned Ken's car around in such a short space of time. When the mechanic was speaking to Andreas he was just talking about how intense it was to get the car ready. Then they say along the lines of "Ken made it, he deserved it". So at that time they believed that Ken was still in the final. I guess that the penalty was confirmed after that and I guess that Ken was DQ'd from semi 2, which changed the top 3 result.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Andreas for next year. He's clearly a quick driver (if a little aggressive) so will be a surprise if he hasn't got a decent drive. There was something else on an episode the other day that made me wonder about Peugeot, but I assumed not given that Bakkerud is a 'Monster Energy Athlete'. The thing about the hat was just because it was ugly Oh and the blue one that the guy was talking about was because the colour attracts something (I think he said cobras), so he was warning Andreas.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Really impressive that they turned Ken's car around in such a short space of time. When the mechanic was speaking to Andreas he was just talking about how intense it was to get the car ready. Then they say along the lines of "Ken made it, he deserved it". So at that time they believed that Ken was still in the final. I guess that the penalty was confirmed after that and I guess that Ken was DQ'd from semi 2, which changed the top 3 result.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Andreas for next year. He's clearly a quick driver (if a little aggressive) so will be a surprise if he hasn't got a decent drive. There was something else on an episode the other day that made me wonder about Peugeot, but I assumed not given that Bakkerud is a 'Monster Energy Athlete'. The thing about the hat was just because it was ugly Oh and the blue one that the guy was talking about was because the colour attracts something (I think he said cobras), so he was warning Andreas.
    personally i would to see Bakkerud in Prodrive Renault

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    I would prefer to see Bakkerud in a Hyundai i20 ( developed from the 2016 wrc car like the vw sweden polos are from wrc), Hyundai have full e.v cars for the norway market - brand awareness and maketing, Shell that sponsor the WRC Hyundai team have service stations in Norway, Pipo Moteur that do the wrc engines (did Solberg's citroen wrx engines) could do a 2 litre wrx hyundai engine (The hyundai i30 TCR runs a 2 litre turbo engine)

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/...nsorship-deals (Monster could cut back a few nascar dollars in December , 2017 to put some coin in a hyundai wrx project)

From what is learnt in world rx from the i20 could be put into the next gen hybrid or whatever the next world rx car is.

Otherwise on the phone to TMR for a yaris body shell. Toyota have long range hybrids and full ev cars in the development shed.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 14th November 2017 at 10:42.

7. Likes: Sulland (14th November 2017)
    Tnx Jan! =]

About Monster.. I still dont fully understand why they are in Nascar. That has ZERO to do with the brand.
    OK, 36 races with more than 3h ad on tv with more than 2 million viewrs each.. ok, I know. But... idk, maybe Thats why I cant have my own company. I'd invest in the wrong places like "Ok, let me build 4 WRC cars, 4 RX cars and 4 MXGP bikes and race young drivers with no money"... haha

Guerlain Chicherit and Stéphane Orré have partnered to create the G-FORS team. The team will contest full-time in the European and French Rallycross championships and part-time in World Rallycross with the new Renault Clio Supercar

10. Likes: Maui J. (22nd December 2017)
    Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    Guerlain Chicherit and Stéphane Orré have partnered to create the G-FORS team. The team will contest full-time in the European and French Rallycross championships and part-time in World Rallycross with the new Renault Clio Supercar
    And also compete French Rallycross Championship : http://www.lemagsportauto.com/rallyc...rx-team/27907/

Liked 316 Times in 181 Posts
    WRX is following in the same path as WRC and F1 with plans on limit testing.
    Good news for VW WRX team since they already have the best car and other teams like Ekström who plans to build new cars
    win't have the possibility to test them as much as VW.

Autosport understands that permanent entrants will only be able to test at World RX venues at three official tests through the year, in a new system agreed
    by the FIA and series promoter IMG. At present, the only testing limitation is a ban on testing at a series venue in the 56 days prior to its event.

The new restrictions will come in from the closing date for 2018 entries on March 1 next year.
    https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...testing-limits
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...