Page 169 of 277 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2762
    Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It was the final corner before the end of the semi, so nothing was given back.
    Ok, if that was the case and he gained a position then he should have a penalty. These things can be nuanced so every little detail matters. Simply shortcutting isn't always worthy of a penalty unless something was gained by it. Need to see exactly what happened here.

Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    Who cares? The big issue is how the hell Ekstrom gets to take shortcuts on the track and not get a penalty. He should have been DQed or had a time penalty. Either way he shouldn't have been in the final at all.

If shortcuts are now allowed in World RX it will be a pretty interesting season next year.

Sent fra min PH-1 via Tapatalk
    It was good to see that Ekström didn't get any penalty. He was blocked and pushed by VW boys before his shortcut. So, it was a good decision to didn't get him a penalty. But Block's exclusion is a shame for WorldRX. As orange typres by the roadside.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Clip here: https://youtu.be/6BfUPjWNk_Q

Keep in mind that Petter has the right of way, as the others come from the joker. And note that both Petter and JK were capable of stopping for that corner, Ekstrom decided to go flat, almost passing the both of them.

4. Likes: dimviii (13th November 2017)
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I get the feeling that the stewards took into account that he’d been slowed up by Johan and decided that it would spoil the show. I think it was clear that the result of that race was as it should have been. Ekstrom missed his braking because of contact with Petter, that contact only happened because he’d been slowed by JK. If JK doesn’t slow then the result is still JK, ME, PS. So in my mind it was the right result.
    Very weird argument from you here. The leader can drive as fast or slow as he wants. It is up to the other drivers to pass him. If he felt that JK was blocking Ekstrom should have used the jokerlap in a smarter way.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    I just don´t believe that in Monster series judges would favor RedBull driver.
    They aren't Monster judges they are IMG judges. And the more controversy the more money IMG can take out of the WRX.

7. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Keep in mind that Petter has the right of way, as the others come from the joker. And note that both Petter and JK were capable of stopping for that corner, Ekstrom decided to go flat, almost passing the both of them.
    It's all a bit of a mess. Firstly, possible that Solberg is in Ekstroms blind spot at the merge. Secondly, Petter makes a slight move towards Mattias, that first touch is fair game from my view, racing incident. Thirdly, Ekstrom didn't go flat, the braking just wasn't efficient because his wheels were in the air after the contact with the back of Johan's car. Finally, Petter wasn't stopping either, he used Johan as a brake. The position is given back by default of him being slower but I'll admit that he didn't lift like I thought. All told it's just a bit of carnage and easier to not issue any penalties.

As far as I know Petter hadn't even complained about it, and he's the one that had most reason to complain.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    Very weird argument from you here. The leader can drive as fast or slow as he wants. It is up to the other drivers to pass him. If he felt that JK was blocking Ekstrom should have used the jokerlap in a smarter way.
    Not an argument as such, just what I felt. I wasn't suggesting that what he did was cheating, it just doesn't sit right with me. I've never been a fan of team orders, particularly when championships have already been won, but I do understand why they happen.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Also: "Mattias Ekstrom #1, relegated from second to third place in semi-final one for not respecting the priority of the driver on the standard lap at the Joker merge."

The why the hell did Ekstrom start on row two of the grid in the final, and Petter on row three?

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Also: "Mattias Ekstrom #1, relegated from second to third place in semi-final one for not respecting the priority of the driver on the standard lap at the Joker merge."

The why the hell did Ekstrom start on row two of the grid in the final, and Petter on row three?
    Because this was decided after the final and the jury meeting with them both.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

They didn't make the decision in time. It's something that's caused an issue before, once this season (can't remember where) and in Canada last year when Timur was penalised before they saw footage to show he wasn't at fault. One of the problems of being live on TV is that they don't have much time between semi-finals and finals. Presumably they are also stewards for RX2 as well, which also limits the time they have to make a decision between races.

Edit: I'm not sure I 100% agree with the decision though, to me it looks like Ekstrom is already back on track. I thought that they point of the joker merge rule was to stop drivers pushing to get back on the main circuit?
    Last edited by MrJan; 13th November 2017 at 20:13.