Page 180 of 277 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2762
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Subaru will have 2 more cars for a few Rally America rounds for Atko and Patrick
    OMSE tested the Civics in Europe already... Hope they can use that car AT LEAST for the Euro and Nordic Series (or even WorldRX if Honda givers some $upport).
    I'm reeeeaaally hoping for VW to give Tanner Foust that Beetle to compete in EuroRX, cuz he always wanted to be an EuroRX Champ. It'd be a difficult car to beat! Im really hoping for that to happen

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    I think Atko and Sandell are just doing the rounds that Pastrana can't so still only 2 cars on each event.

The difference in the rules was something in the rollcage if i remember right.
    Weird rule change by GRC, over here nobody really cares about the RX2 Rallycross on Ice.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    On Sandell's Instagram story they were testing the supercar today though...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Suspect the part reason for the change - Red Bull did not like to see the Monster Energy/ rockstar drink cars winning so much?
    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...ss-debut-2018/
    I really don't think the sponsor on the side of the winning car has anything to do with this decision. Monster didn't rip up the rulebook for World Rallycross when Ekstrom was winning, did they?

The silence from VARX, OMSE and Vermont is deafening. I am very surprised that at least one team/driver hasn't said something yet. Especially as, based on some of the articles that have been shared, GRC Supercar drivers were talking about the forthcoming season up until a couple of weeks ago.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Forgive the double post but, further to my previous message, they have now unveiled details of the "Platinum" class cars that will be coming in 2019:

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...champions-cup/

Not at all what I was expecting. I know Max Pucher has been quite vocal about the direction of the World Championship, but MJP Racing linking up with the GRC is a very surprising move.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    Forgive the double post but, further to my previous message, they have now unveiled details of the "Platinum" class cars that will be coming in 2019:

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...champions-cup/

Not at all what I was expecting. I know Max Pucher has been quite vocal about the direction of the World Championship, but MJP Racing linking up with the GRC is a very surprising move.
    2 new classes in GRC, but what about actual Supercars? I don't understand GRC's decisions...

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Platinum class=RX version of NASCAR..?

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    What ever GRC come up with they have compete with visuals of the stadium super trucks - one design series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqIziuag21I

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Suspect the part reason for the change - Red Bull did not like to see the Monster Energy/ rockstar drink cars winning so much?
    http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/n...ss-debut-2018/
    Personally I suspect part of the reason is because the series from inception till now has been a half-assed, poorly thought out series primarily designed to make a lot of money for a few prep shops and running on hype...
    boring vneues--parking lots with handsful of sand thrown in a few corners? Phony excitemnt--zero or less public, zero or less promotion...The "Dirt Fish" Round less than 50 km away, and I head ZERO about it despite being on 2-4 forums and 4-5 FB pages----and knowing 3-4 people working at Dirtfish..

Nobody cares..The little children in the filler class??? ZERO of them had any previous connection to anything. Just rich daddies evidently..How is any interested supposed to be hypped up about what children with no personality, only different color romper suits and baseball hats to differentiate between them???

The whole set up of the filler class is totally a money-maker for Oldsberg Motorsport...fixed prices and no mods of any sort despite chronic and repeated failures (such as steering racks and associated parts....but can't touch it.)..just throw in another for $$$$$.. you can see that they have somebody's ear...

The whole thing is/was another typical American exercise: throw lots of money at something, scream its an EXTRAVAGANZA , slap dash the executions of everything --track, venue, cars, prep,, concentration on made-for-TV-personalities and more hype. No base, no foundation, whole idea all cooked up in a room with a bunch of poseur media types--which means really fan-bois, hangers-on, never-ever competed at anything types...
    Just like US Rally.

When you've seen the exact same "reasoning" 3-4-5 times in 30 years, coming always from outside the thin competitor base we have here, you know its going to go exactly the same..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    C'mon, it'll be amusing like the Ferrari Challenge. As in it's a challenge to get around the track without having a hilarious crash for no good reason.

Subaru's US rally program was taken over to the new American Rally series, which has broken up Rally America into a pair of warring camps of old men arguing over who gets more money. Most ARA events are on the coasts, but I'm going to try and get to at least one this year.
    Last edited by Gregor-y; 2nd March 2018 at 20:57.