Page 196 of 277 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2762
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    reminder that without my superior intellectual level and superbly witty comments about the race you would not even bother with the event...

that's how popular and exciting the nobody circus parade is..

you can continue now.
    Not all motorsport discussions happen on this forum...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Fun to watch, but some of these WRX tracks are so tight its making it more like stock car racing.
    Many of the tracks are getting more and more "mickey mouse", and to few options to pass under high speed, and under acceleration and braking. So the start are becoming even more important.
    Joker lap is a super thing, that bring tactics, but more from the spotters than drivers.

Wider tracks, not that many hard bends, maybe two jokers in finals could give more options for changes during a heat.

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (17th May 2018),Micke_VOC (18th May 2018)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Many of the tracks are getting more and more "mickey mouse", and to few options to pass under high speed, and under acceleration and braking. So the start are becoming even more important.
    Joker lap is a super thing, that bring tactics, but more from the spotters than drivers.

Wider tracks, not that many hard bends, maybe two jokers in finals could give more options for changes during a heat.
    That's true, but even if they keep the same tracks they need to make the grid gaps a bit bigger to allow some advantage to those on the front.

With the acceleration of these cars and how close the grid is stacked, everyone heading into the first corner almost as one is getting more and more common.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Peugeot and Audi have pumped money in yet still trail VW this year!
    It seems pretty close in the races, but the results and the tables only tell one side of the story. Peugeot have made a big leap this year and I think, in terms of pace, are roughly level with VW. Audi seem to trail a bit and then GRX and GCK are in a similar boat a bit further back.

With the acceleration of these cars and how close the grid is stacked, everyone heading into the first corner almost as one is getting more and more common.
    That's what they want, it's 'exciting'.

Does anyone know if there were any changes at Silverstone following the BRX event? It was suggested that the drivers input may have resulted in some changes, but tbh I didn't think it was realistic at the time.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    No straight answer, so I’ll assume you’ve never been to a WRC rally or even to a major national series one. That’s a shame, as you can only enjoy the thrill of rallying after being on a couple of top events.

Any kind of motor racing can look better on a TV than rally does, especially when racing series are designed to entertain the audience, like WRX. Rally is not about beating a direct rival on an artificial track; it’s about challenging your own limits in common roads, under nature’s random elements.

There’s nothing like Rally in terms of pure driving and every driver/crew managing to brightly perform on this sport deserves fans respect and admiration, no matter if they eventually win a title or not.

Btw, during the next days I’ll be able, just like thousands and thousands of Portuguese rally fans, to go to my country finest forest roads and enjoy some first class ‘paint drying’…somehow, those are always the best days of the year! Long live the WRC!
    Yes I've been to rallies and it's for the party and atmosphere, not for the race. Seeing a blur of a car fly by, waiting 2 minutes for a few seconds glimpse of another blur is fun at first, but quickly looses its attraction. WRC is best on TV.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I find WRC tedious on TV, not even close to being stood out on the stages.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

8. Likes: pantealex (23rd May 2018)
    Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I find WRC tedious on TV, not even close to being stood out on the stages.
    I enjoy watching the TV coverage, but they are never going to be able to convey the sense of speed you getting standing at the side of a stage and watching a car speed past!
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

10. Likes: Rally Power (24th May 2018)
    Todays WRX Qually is live on Facebook...

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Todays WRX Qually is live on Facebook...
    ARX is live too. I think Q3 and Q4 are on there tomorrow morning as well.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"