Page 193 of 277 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2762
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    I don't think there was ever any mention of Renault manufacturer endorsement for GCK was there? The designation doesn't surprise me, OMSE and MJP (and possibly others) have branded their Fiestas as manufactured by themselves (rather than Ford) in the past.
    You're correct that Renault never really had input into the project, but I don't think Ford or Hyundai did a lot with OMSE or GRX, but their logo is still used. I know that Petter stopped using the Citroen name as well.

I actually spoke to someone yesterday that had a bit of awareness about the build and I got the impression that it was quite rocky along the way.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    You're correct that Renault never really had input into the project, but I don't think Ford or Hyundai did a lot with OMSE or GRX, but their logo is still used. I know that Petter stopped using the Citroen name as well.
    Hyundai Motorsport sold GRX the cars they are using, so perhaps that was a stipulation of the sale. OMSE have only started using the Ford logo again on their cars this year (logo on the bonnet):

They had an OMSE badge sitting in the same place in previous seasons:

I suspect the removal of logos is an intentional move by the teams to try and encourage official support from that particular manufacturer. It was no secret that Petter wanted works support for rallycross, so that may have been his way of trying to get it.

(though in the case of OMSE I think the replacement of the Ford logos may have been a case of sour grapes, as Ford pulled the official backing from OMSE in 2016 and gave it to HRD instead, I understand there is at least some endorsement from Ford again in 2018, hence why the logos have returned)

I actually spoke to someone yesterday that had a bit of awareness about the build and I got the impression that it was quite rocky along the way.
    That's interesting to read, by "rocky" do you mean there were issues with the design itself, or between Prodrive and GCK?
    Last edited by tbtstt; 30th April 2018 at 18:33.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"

Quote Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
    That's interesting to read, by "rocky" do you mean there were issues with the design itself, or between Prodrive and GCK?
    I think it was more from GCK and Renault (if they had any input at all). Possibly related a lot to funding, can't be cheap getting someone like Prodrive to build a car for you.

I think it was more from GCK and Renault (if they had any input at all). Possibly related a lot to funding, can't be cheap getting someone like Prodrive to build a car for you.
    Absolutely not! I would think that the cost of a car from Prodrive would rival, if not exceed, the recent builds from M-Sport.

It's difficult to quantify, because there is obviously a certain amount of shared/borrowed development cost with some cars, but I wonder what the most expensive car is on the grid is now?

My guess would be that, overall, the VW has had the most money put into it. However the majority of that would have been from VW motorsport themselves prior to pulling out of the WRC. Hyundai must be fairly close behind too, that car was developed for a few years as WRC car.

In terms of being made specifically for WRX then GCK must be the biggest single outlay, most of the other cars have started from a base from someone else but the Megane is built from the ground up.

Mark Higgins confirmed to enter the British World Championship round at Silverstone.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    hey if you want to see a bunch of has beens battling it out for the "car sport that nobody cares about anymore" crown, its live on youtube from belgium...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVT_3Ek90A

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    The guy that was dominating the incredibly unexciting sport called WRC, with nine wins, finally got a win in Rallycross. The level is so high that the last time Loeb was able to win was two years ago! In WRC Loeb didn't even crack a smile but said "for sure I am happii" to the cameras before walking off with yet a other trophy. In World RX the level is so high and winning so hard that Loeb was grinning from ear to ear continously from passing the line. He's probably still grinning. Not that it's surprising. Winning is a lot more rewarding when you actually have to work hard to do it.

I'm WRC there was one guy and one team on top. In WRX there's currently three teams neck and neck with Peugeot, VW and Audi. The Fords of Omse, the Hyundais of GRX Taneco and the Renaults from Gck are also really close. And only 16 points divide the top six drivers. That's close and exciting action, and we've only had three rounds so far!

The weekend in Mettet was challenging, but exciting to watch. Loeb, Petter and Timmy were well deserved winners and I'm glad Ekström finished all the way back after the asshole move he pulled on Grosset-Janin.

TLDR: World RX is amazing. WRC is still less fun than watching paint dry.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    TLDR: World RX is amazing. WRC is still less fun than watching paint dry.
    Of course a circus is fun, 'amazing' for some. Being the best Clown is little achievement, but at least they make the children smile in trying.
    Last edited by the sniper; 13th May 2018 at 16:44.

10. Likes: dimviii (13th May 2018),MartijnS (14th May 2018),pantealex (14th May 2018),Rally Power (13th May 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    To be fair to Loeb, he has won once before.
    http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...wins-in-latvia

And that he has to fight for the wins, show that WRX has a high level of cars and drivers.

In 2018 the Peugeot are winning most starts, so they have found something important this year.