Threaded View

Liked 158 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    You're correct that Renault never really had input into the project, but I don't think Ford or Hyundai did a lot with OMSE or GRX, but their logo is still used. I know that Petter stopped using the Citroen name as well.
    Hyundai Motorsport sold GRX the cars they are using, so perhaps that was a stipulation of the sale. OMSE have only started using the Ford logo again on their cars this year (logo on the bonnet):

They had an OMSE badge sitting in the same place in previous seasons:

I suspect the removal of logos is an intentional move by the teams to try and encourage official support from that particular manufacturer. It was no secret that Petter wanted works support for rallycross, so that may have been his way of trying to get it.

(though in the case of OMSE I think the replacement of the Ford logos may have been a case of sour grapes, as Ford pulled the official backing from OMSE in 2016 and gave it to HRD instead, I understand there is at least some endorsement from Ford again in 2018, hence why the logos have returned)

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I actually spoke to someone yesterday that had a bit of awareness about the build and I got the impression that it was quite rocky along the way.
    That's interesting to read, by "rocky" do you mean there were issues with the design itself, or between Prodrive and GCK?
    Last edited by tbtstt; 30th April 2018 at 17:33.
    "If in doubt... flat out!"