Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    I am really looking forward to seeing how Henk Lategan does against all these big names, he raised some eyebrows in Croatia and a few other events last year.

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Will be very interesting to see Bouffier vs. Lappi vs. Breen. vs Kajetanowicz all in different makes and types of car.
    Looking also forward to see how quick Abbring will adapt to a new car as he's very fast driver and hope that can match the top guys especially on tarmac.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Abbring is great on Tarmac and also fine on gravel. I've seen him on both surfaces and I'm a fan. Now he's decided to change to English pace notes (previously Dutch / Flemish co drivers) it will be interesting to see how he copes. His english is very good and Seb Marshall is a very good co-driver so I think it could be an ideal partnership.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    BTW, Paolo Andreucci's 208 T16 looked much nicer didnt it ...
    Of course it did! It is a classic rally livery, which also pays tribute to the victories of the past.
    I can't believe how bad the Peugeot Rally Academy livery is. Did they make it in MS Paint 5 minutes before the cars were sent to Greece?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Maybe it didnt get the full Peugeot look because its the Academy not a full 'works' car ...

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    posted by Breen now, looks like more colourful livery now

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    INFO AFTER RECCE27.3.2014

INFO AFTER RECCE

Date: 27 MARCH 2014
    Day: 2

All of the ERC event participants concluded their recce program today. The FIA, ERC Priority and the RC2 class drivers did the reconnaissance of the gravel stages, while all other drivers continued the recce procedure with the asphalt special stages of the rally.

DRIVERS QUOTES

1 BOUFFIER Bryan/PANSERI Xavier CITROEN DS3 RRC
    "The stages we saw today were quite rough, with many stones and definitely, not easy for the car. Despite that they are beautiful. I am looking forward to driving all these stages with a rally car."

2 BREEN Craig/MARTIN Scott PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    "The gravel stages are very difficult, although they are in a good condition. Today's stages are quite nice."

3 LAPPI Esapekka/FERM Janne SKODA Fabia S2000
    "The gravel stages are in a better condition than we expected. Of course they are rough but still, better than expected. I like them."

4 KAJETANOWICZ Kajetan/BARAN Jaroslaw FORD Fiesta R5
    "The stages are very fast in some places. Of course this is the Acropolis, so they are also demanding and with a lot of stones. Sometimes the surface is very slippery and this is something we like. We definitely don't want to be first on the road in such conditions."

5 GRYAZIN Vasily/EREMEEV Dmitry FORD Fiesta S2000
    "The stages we saw today are good, but I think that after 10-15 cars a lot of stones may come up. But this is fine, no problem."

6 ABBRING Kevin/MARSHALL Sebastian PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    "Some parts are very difficult. Especially the downhill parts of the 2nd stage (Nea Kineta) are very fast. I enjoy this rally."

7 MAGALHAES Bruno/MAGALHAES Carlos PEUGEOT 207 S2000
    "The stages are very nice and also very fast. The gravel ones are much better than I expected. It is my first time here, everyone says that this rally destroys the cars, but the organizers have done a good job. I like this rally a lot."

8 WIEGAND Sepp/FRANK Christian SKODA Fabia S2000
    "The stages are nice. Sometimes they are not easy with the pacenotes, but for sure are fun to drive."

9 TARABUS Jaromir/TRUNKAT Daniel SKODA Fabia S2000
    "The gravel stages are nice. They are a little fast, but I expected them in worse condition. We will see after the first passage if the road will be destroyed or not."

10 CONSANI Robert/LANDAIS Vincent PEUGEOT 207 S2000
    "The road of the 3rd stage (Loutraki) was very broken, while the first two stages (Klenia-Mycenae, Nea Kineta) are very nice. In general, the stages of the rally are difficult but nice."

14 SERDERIDIS Jourdan/MICLOTTE Frederic FORD Fiesta R5
    "The gravel stages are beautiful and technical. I mostly like the 3rd stage (Loutraki), because it is the most beautiful stage I have ever seen. The 2nd one (Nea Kineta) is hard for the car, very fast and entertaining. What else could we possibly want?"

16 LATEGAN Henk/WICHA Klaus SKODA Fabia S2000
    "The gravel stages are also very nice. The first stage of the loop (Klenia-Mycenae) is more narrow and flowing. The following two are fast, wide, soft and will be a good fun. At the second loop, big rocks will come up."

151 KOPECKY Jan/DRESLER Pavel SKODA Fabia S2000
    "Unfortunately we are doing only the recce as we will not participate in this rally. The gravel stages are fantastic. The roads are not as rough as in 2007, when I participated at the Acropolis Rally."

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Sorry if I missed this, but why did Kopecky do the recce if he is not doing the rally?