Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    I agree, but it seems to me it could be even shorter and the organizers were just trying to make it longer by adding for example SS Aghionori.Maybe the stage won´t be finally so bad, but it definitelly doesn´t fit to the reputation of mythical Acropolis rally. What happened to all these nice gravel stages? Altogether it seems to me Rally Acropolis this year is weaker twin brother of Rally Cyprus. It should find its own place on sun, this is THAT FAMOUS Rally Acropolis.
    I agree that tarmac stages don't fit at the Acropolis Rally. However, I like the idea of the mixed rally for 1 year let's say.
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I find strange that both Škoda and Peugeot use so plain and boring liveries in this season. Both had much better before (also the display Peugeot 208 R5 one).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Yes, especially Peugot 208 livery is really boring - even compared to 207 livery.

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    IMHO Peugeot needs these 3 color stripes to continue also on front bumper.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    I agree, but it seems to me it could be even shorter and the organizers were just trying to make it longer by adding for example SS Aghionori.Maybe the stage won´t be finally so bad, but it definitelly doesn´t fit to the reputation of mythical Acropolis rally. What happened to all these nice gravel stages? Altogether it seems to me Rally Acropolis this year is weaker twin brother of Rally Cyprus. It should find its own place on sun, this is THAT FAMOUS Rally Acropolis.
    But if you see the (3x2) s.s. of Sunday you will recognize the real Acropolis Rally.....

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    208 looks a bit better down on the ground ...

#M-SPORTER

Recce quotes:

The leading drivers of the ERC rounded up their first day of recce. The program consisted of all special stages, where the FIA, ERC Priority and the RC2 class drivers did their reconnaissance on the asphalt stages as also on the QS, while all other drivers started their recce from the gravel special stages

1 BOUFFIER Bryan/PANSERI Xavier CITROEN DS3 RRC
    "As you know, the stages are very fast and slippery. They will be good fun. The Super Special Stage is a bit strange, but if I set a good time in this, maybe I will like it!"

2 BREEN Craig/MARTIN Scott PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    "The stages are very very difficult but mostly, very fast. We will be able to say more tomorrow about the whole rally."

3 LAPPI Esapekka/FERM Janne SKODA Fabia S2000
    "Today we did recce in the asphalt stages of the rally. They are very fast. The morning was dump, so they were very slippery. We will see what happens. The Super Special Stage is good for the show."

4 KAJETANOWICZ Kajetan/BARAN Jaroslaw FORD Fiesta R5
    "Difficult stages. Some parts are very fast and some others are very technical and difficult, but overall I like the stages. Write this please, I like the stages."

5 GRYAZIN Vasily/EREMEEV Dmitry FORD Fiesta S2000
    "The stages are quite fast. The Super Special Stage is good for the show. In the tarmac stages, our car will be on the speed limit for a lot of time, which is not so good."

6 ABBRING Kevin/MARSHALL Sebastian PEUGEOT 208 T16 R5
    "The stages are very fast and it is very difficult to judge the grip, as there are some places that look like there is no grip. I have previously participated only in Rally Monte Carlo in a 4WD car, so there will be many things to discover."

7 MAGALHAES Bruno/MAGALHAES Carlos
    "The tarmac special stages are very fast. The surface is not so dirty, which is good but the stages are so fast, a little crazy."

8 WIEGAND Sepp/FRANK Christian SKODA Fabia S2000
    "The stages are really nice and very fast. They are also very slippery, especially today that there was rain. We expect them to be very challenging. We are happy to be here and we are looking forward to the rally.

9 TARABUS Jaromir/TRUNKAT Daniel SKODA Fabia S2000
    "As everyone must have noted, the tarmac stages are really fast, I think that in gravel everything will be better."

10 CONSANI Robert/LANDAIS Vincent PEUGEOT 207 S2000
    "Today we did recce in the tarmac day of the rally. The stages are fantastic, except from the Super Special Stage which I didn't like."

14 SERDERIDIS Jourdan/MICLOTTE Frederic FORD Fiesta R5
    "Very nice tarmac, that in some places looks similar to Monte Carlo. I'm very happy to be here."

151 KOPECKY Jan/DREXLER Pavel SKODA Fabia S2000
    "We are here just for the recce. The first two tarmac stages are very slippery but also very fast. Nice stages."
    #M-SPORTER

BTW, Paolo Andreucci's 208 T16 looked much nicer didnt it ...

#M-SPORTER

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Will be very interesting to see Bouffier vs. Lappi vs. Breen. vs Kajetanowicz all in different makes and types of car.