Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Penis F1 Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Penis F1 Cars

well well, my favourite sport has become embarrassing. Now Force India and Torro Rosso have Penis's on the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXsy07-pjE

sad days. Driven by kids, crappy engine, stupid points system and ugly. What happened to the days of V12's and race cars you could be proud to photograph? Not sure i really care too much anymore who wins this year...
    Gonna watch but more to see all the retirements and F1 in another crisis. I watch the sport more for the drama on track and behind the scenes than for the actual racing. Used to be the opposite.

Wish Olivier Panis was driving hahaha be so funny.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Penis F1 Cars

Alright, seriously everyone needs to chill about the cars this year. Most of them really aren't that bad. The Sauber's nose is actually pretty good. The Red Bull, Mercedes, Williams and Caterham are all also fine. Everyone complained the exact same way about the stepped noses. These are not even close to the ugliest cars in the history of F1. With a few exceptions, the entire 1970's were pretty awful for F1 car looks. First they came out with those ridiculously highly mounted wings and things went downhill from there. Remember the smurf-hat Ligier JS5, the Tyrell P34 six wheeler, the Ensign N179 and pretty much every March car? The McLaren MP4/10 was pretty bad in the 90's. Then in the 2000's you had the walrus nose Williams FW26, the dumbo ears Honda RA108 and the just all around hideous Renault R29 and R30. Then came the stepped noses. So everybody relax. There are ugly cars almost every year and this year is no different nor is it that bad to start with. This isn't a fashion show, its Formula 1. I agree with you about the pay drivers but they've been around forever too. Niki Lauda and Fernando Alonso started as pay drivers. I'm sick of fans saying they're not gonna watch because the cars aren't pretty enough. I understand that F1 has some real problems right now, but plummeting TV viewing ratings and attendance figures isn't gonna fix things. Its just gonna make the sport pinch its pennies more and come up with more ridiculous gimmicks to get fans interested. F1 will still be F1 this year and the year after and i'm still gonna watch like all fans should (when they have the time).
    Phil Hill - 1961
    Mario Andretti -1978

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

I didn't realise that so many people watched F1 because it's a modelling contest!

As for the engines, well there's a number of things behind that. Firstly if F1 is to continue it needs sponsorship and a lot of that comes from car manufacturers who are going to want something out of it, the advances in technology are one of the most tangible benefits and small engine capacities is the way that road cars are going. Secondly it;s about being the pinnacle of technology, and getting 600bhp out of a 1600 engine is pretty damn amazing if you ask me. Thirdly, wtf? F1 is motorsport and motorsport is, at the end of the day, about entertainment. I can't understand the people that would happily watch boring races if only it meant V12s
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes yes yes ok ok, i hear you all but I have been to a few races and that sound is unique. You feel your at a spectacle. Even the V8 was ok but after watching Teds notebook even he said that F2 sounded better!!!

As for the look. Its not that important I agree but its great to see cool cars. Yes we have had some dogs but that penis is too much. Red bull, Ferrari, williams and even Lotus look ok but torro and caterham??? mmm ugly.

Suppose technology has made the cars easier to drive but i think back to Mansell and Senna days where you had to be pretty tough to manage one of those cars and watching onboard was amazing. But thats normal progression suppose.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

They are all sh!t unless you want to go back to JV's winning car. Gilles had a ass kicker looking car before the worst day in F1 history
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    They are all sh!t unless you want to go back to JV's winning car. Gilles had a ass kicker looking car before the worst day in F1 history
    You haven't gone back nearly far enough. 1968 was when the designers started beating the cars with the ugly stick.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eau Rouge
    ...As for the look. Its not that important ...
    It is important for the sport. F1 cars are billboards for sponsors that attract millions of viewers. Unattractive designs will make people look away, diverting from sponsorship logos.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

yes yes yes ok ok, i hear you all but I have been to a few races and that sound is unique. You feel your at a spectacle. Even the V8 was ok but after watching Teds notebook even he said that F2 sounded better!!!
    Must be my upbringing as a rally fan but from what I've heard I think they sound a vast amount better than the V8s. I think it's because of my love for the sound of a 6r4 and this http://www.theweek.co.uk/formula-1/f1-2 ... ound-video reminds me a bit of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onu20Ij4Krs
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Ugly F1 cars? I agree with the earlier comments about the 1970s. I'm loving the variety at the moment. Can't help thinking the nose rule is a clever FIA distraction though, just in case it turns out the new turbo rules aren't all that great... Which I'm sure it will be, even if attempts to compare it to the previous turbo era are futile. Still, cars that actually break down sometimes is a step in the right direction in a bizarre way...

Now Force India and Torro Rosso have Penis's on the front.
    This is for safety in the pitlane. Now everyone can see them coming...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

We have all joked about the looks, and fair enough, there is plenty of material there, but... Where we not all complaining that recent years have seen cars all look the same, with no real design differences, because of the regulations, well ladies and gentlemen our prayers have been answered. So far there is more variety in the looks department than there has been since the 70's. If the regs stay stable into 2015, there is the likelyhood that there will be a considerable amound of converging as one design idea or other proves to be the best answers, so for now lets all be thankful that the cars all look different (especially the Caterham , and who knows this ugly duckling might turn out to be a swan in disguise, ask the team at the end of the year)