Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Penis F1 Cars

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Re: Penis F1 Cars

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Quote Originally Posted by Eau Rouge
    ...As for the look. Its not that important ...
    It is important for the sport. F1 cars are billboards for sponsors that attract millions of viewers. Unattractive designs will make people look away, diverting from sponsorship logos.
    No need to make room for large logos. With the current crop of F1 cars there are probably dozens of potential sponsors that make condoms. McLaren/Mercedes/Trojan team, this week featuring the XXL ribbed for pleasure!

I still think people are getting a bit nutty about the design changes. For decades quite a few F1 cars seem strange at first, and over time they get accepted as the norm.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

well well, my favourite sport has become embarrassing. Now Force India and Torro Rosso have Penis's on the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXsy07-pjE

sad days. Driven by kids, crappy engine, stupid points system and ugly. What happened to the days of V12's and race cars you could be proud to photograph? Not sure i really care too much anymore who wins this year...
    Gonna watch but more to see all the retirements and F1 in another crisis. I watch the sport more for the drama on track and behind the scenes than for the actual racing. Used to be the opposite.

Wish Olivier Panis was driving hahaha be so funny.
    There's too much rubbish around the show these days in F1 and the Pirelli tires are making a mockery of the sport. It's no longer a sport that wants to go fast. They are going around 10 seconds slower nowadays around a track than they were ten years ago and it is visually apparent too when you see them drive around a track, even on TV. It's a sad state of affairs that F1 is in.

On the other hand, I really don't mind the new cars visually speaking.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Here's another thing: to the man on the street, when he tunes in midway through a Grand Prix for the first time in 2014, he'll see the red car going round and identify it immediately as a Ferrari. He won't necessarily know it's not the same Ferrari as the one from last season, or from a few years ago even. It's only to us that the shapes really matter. I first starting following F1 properly in the early '90s and head-on wasn't their prettiest angle back then either (even if, granted, they did look better then).

Besides, look at the '14 breed side-on, or to a certain extent at a three-quarter angle, and they don't look a lot different from last year's cars. I'd even say they look better...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    We have all joked about the looks, and fair enough, there is plenty of material there, but... Where we not all complaining that recent years have seen cars all look the same, with no real design differences, because of the regulations, well ladies and gentlemen our prayers have been answered. So far there is more variety in the looks department than there has been since the 70's. If the regs stay stable into 2015, there is the likelyhood that there will be a considerable amound of converging as one design idea or other proves to be the best answers, so for now lets all be thankful that the cars all look different (especially the Caterham , and who knows this ugly duckling might turn out to be a swan in disguise, ask the team at the end of the year)
    you know you have a point!!!! Its good to see variety in the field. And Caterham have gone for it. What I do like is the unpredictability this year is gonna be. I cant wait for the season to start. I think the best engineers/engine manufactures are gonna shine. Lets see...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well well, my favourite sport has become embarrassing. Now Force India and Torro Rosso have Penis's on the front.
    I'm not nitpicking spelling; this is more of a fun fact.

There are two correct plurals of the word "penis:" penises or penes (pronounced pee-nez).
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

[quote=call_me_andrew]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eau Rouge":3k4rk17q
    I'm not nitpicking spelling; this is more of a fun fact.

There are two correct plurals of the word "penis:" penises or penes (pronounced pee-nez).[/quote:3k4rk17q]

Doesn't matter, they still have dicks hanging off their faces. Seriously, half the 2014 cars will be bleeped out by the BBC
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster

Doesn't matter, they still have dicks hanging off their faces. Seriously, half the 2014 cars will be bleeped out by the BBC

Pixelated F1 cars coming for 2014.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

We don't need two threads dedicated to the same issue.. I personally welcome his change. Can't wait for the commentator to make sense of it on TV.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    We don't need two threads dedicated to the same issue.. I personally welcome his change. Can't wait for the commentator to make sense of it on TV.
    That TV commentary will be interesting: (read that in Murray Walker's voice)

And here is the Ferrari LaBeluga, hovering away at the front, leaving a surprisingly clean track in it's wake.

And there comes the McLaren scrotum, trying to escape the Lotus that is trying to fork it to the plate.

Still in DRS range is the Force India 'Long Dong Silver', which is pushing the Lotus hard from behind
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Although the observations of some of the noses were amusing at first, its getting a little wearing now. I doubt we'll see body part references used to describe the fronts of the cars, at least I hope not. I do wonder how strong these nose extensions are and if they are likely to break off if in contact during the start? Would it improve the aero as the car would in effect be running again with a higher nose? I perhaps should ask that in the thread to discuss this however.