Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Time to make a stand!

This year the powers that be have bent us over the nearest piece of furniture and given us a darn good anal seeing-to. They came up with the brain-dead double-points idea and there was a universal outcry against it - yet they went ahead with it. Designers have been warning for over half a year that a loophole in the rules will lead to ridiculously hideous cars, yet nothing was done. Ecclestone and his posse just do us up the arse, as long as they get our money. It's time to end that!
    For nearly a week we've been tormented with one monstrosity after the other. First the Williams "puberty cock", the McLaren "scrotum", the Lotus Forklift and the FIAT LaBeluga, now we get the Toro Rosso "Long Dong Silver". There's simply not enough beer in the world to make this horror collection bearable. It's time to end this madness and the only way to do that is hitting them where it hurts the most - the wallet. I'm not going to watch this semi-pronographic freak-of-nature cabinet. Maybe if the viewer figures come crashing down in a great ball of fire, maybe, just maybe, they begin to understand that you don't f**k with your audience.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Re: Time to make a stand!

People aren't watching because the racing has been crap and there are too many artificial rules attempting to spice things up. The FIA have messed about with crappy tyres and the drivers have been forced to play what seemed like an arcade game with DRS and false overtaking. If you combine that with the amount of countries that are having the F1 coverage pushed onto pay channels, its no wonder F1 is in fast decline. I can see myself missing races this year through lack of interest and I'm already starting to follow other forms of motorsport as I think F1 will be a has been in a few years. Its not like the fans have not spoken, we've just been ignored. I hope it all crashes and burns and I will take great pleasure knowing I was right from the very start

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Or , you could sit down and watch , and give it a chance .

We have a new engine . That'll throw a huge spanner into the mix . Nobody really knows who will have it right in power , driveability , or reliability .

With the new regs , you may not be very happy with all the new looks out there , but at least they are all different as the designers struggle to find their way .
    Take off the livery this year and you'd actually be able to figure out what is what .

Pirelli will have more testing this year , and so , should have a better handle on it .

Having a double points finish doesn't really change anything as all the teams know it's coming .
    It does , however , deal with the fact that there is a lot less excitement to seeing a driver sew it up with four rounds to go .
    I don't particularly like the idea , but it is far from a deal-breaker for me . It's far from it , in fact , as I am interested to see how it effects the dynamic near the end .

It comes in loud and clear with my satellite dish , but the lack of FTA telecasting is worrisome .
    Those at the top need to realize that they need the great unwashed , in front of which the elite may parade .
    Having a brand new FIA Sharpie is great , but without the outstretched programs , there's nothing to sign .

Basically , we have a new series this year , so , it would be a shame for you guys to miss it .

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Cars look normal on the whole and then they have this "thing" at the front. Almost looks like someone is teasing us. And Ferrari is hilarious too, a proper vacuum cleaner.

In short, those car releases have been a good .

Also there is a safety aspect if something sticks so far out at the front, it could cause punctures like the wide front wing.

I will be following this season though, as long as it has interesting racing and an open and close season. Want to see, how does this major regulation change play out in reality.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

I came back to F1 in a big way in 2013 after being lukewarm for a couple of years (other personal reasons too) but the overall crappy "championship" battle that we saw last year was bad enough, now to be inundated by silly regs/rules and horror movie/freakshows. I just hope the racing/title race is better as I am not giving it too many races to convince me to keep watching!
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan

We have a new engine . That'll throw a huge spanner into the mix . Nobody really knows who will have it right in power , driveability , or reliability .

With the new regs , you may not be very happy with all the new looks out there , but at least they are all different as the designers struggle to find their way .
    Take off the livery this year and you'd actually be able to figure out what is what .

Pirelli will have more testing this year , and so , should have a better handle on it .

Having a double points finish doesn't really change anything as all the teams know it's coming .
    It does , however , deal with the fact that there is a lot less excitement to seeing a driver sew it up with four rounds to go .
    I don't particularly like the idea , but it is far from a deal-breaker for me . It's far from it , in fact , as I am interested to see how it effects the dynamic near the end .

It comes in loud and clear with my satellite dish , but the lack of FTA telecasting is worrisome .
    Those at the top need to realize that they need the great unwashed , in front of which the elite may parade .
    Having a brand new FIA Sharpie is great , but without the outstretched programs , there's nothing to sign .

Basically , we have a new series this year , so , it would be a shame for you guys to miss it .
    Its not just the regs that make it less appealing for me at the moment, its a variety of things. I'll still watch and still get satisfaction when a favourable driver wins. If you take the first 2 races for instance. They are not even shown on FTA television in the UK so its a couple of highlights shows. Hardly raising the excitement of a brand new season for us fans. Sure I can watch on Sky Go or illegal stream but its becoming a bit of a chore, especially when I prefer to watch a full race delayed anyway. F1 is disappearing in the UK and its getting to the point where we are trying to hang on to a series that really doesn't care whether people are watching it or not.

In 2018 or perhaps before (hope not) we'll see FOM strike a deal with BSKYB to show F1 exclusively and that'll be me gone. I'm not breaking the bank for a sport that showed no loyalty to the fans who have made it as popular as it once was. I'll watch the first few races on this season and see whether my thirst is still there, if not I'll focus more on my other hobbies. I'm not alone with my feelings, F1 is losing so many fans and its about time they took notice.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

I don't like the direction F1 has been going over the last few years. Hopefully they will come to their senses and put it right. Unfortunately I have this addiction, and I can't see myself 12 stepping F1, so I will continue to watch, and enjoy.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan

Its not just the regs that make it less appealing for me at the moment, its a variety of things. I'll still watch and still get satisfaction when a favourable driver wins. If you take the first 2 races for instance. They are not even shown on FTA television in the UK so its a couple of highlights shows. Hardly raising the excitement of a brand new season for us fans. Sure I can watch on Sky Go or illegal stream but its becoming a bit of a chore, especially when I prefer to watch a full race delayed anyway. F1 is disappearing in the UK and its getting to the point where we are trying to hang on to a series that really doesn't care whether people are watching it or not.

In 2018 or perhaps before (hope not) we'll see FOM strike a deal with BSKYB to show F1 exclusively and that'll be me gone. I'm not breaking the bank for a sport that showed no loyalty to the fans who have made it as popular as it once was. I'll watch the first few races on this season and see whether my thirst is still there, if not I'll focus more on my other hobbies. I'm not alone with my feelings, F1 is losing so many fans and its about time they took notice.
    I am in total agreement with your stance on FTA TV .
    But , on the other hand , that's all changing right now with internet streams .
    It's still a little funny how they don't really seem to understand how to market with it .

Spending a lot of time blocking U tube videos has them missing the fact that there are a lot of people missing out on seeing all that sponsor signage on the cars every time it's played .
    Having hard data on views seems like it would play into the hands of the marketers , or at least the guys that count the money .

I hope you find a way to watch , because it does certainly seem like they are losing the plot .

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'm already starting to follow other forms of motorsport
    Interesting too hear Henners. What other motorsports are you following this year. I follow a few other series and occasionally post in the other sections of this forum.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    I don't like the direction F1 has been going over the last few years. Hopefully they will come to their senses and put it right. Unfortunately I have this addiction, and I can't see myself 12 stepping F1, so I will continue to watch, and enjoy.
    I am the same. I thought about not watching but I just don't think I would be able to avoid it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy