Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts

Re: Mikkelsen's Career and Co-drivers

It seems that Jost Capito thinks Andreas is doing ok...

Q:
    We saw good stage times from Andreas last year, but this is the first time we have seen him fighting consistently at the top of the field. Are we going to see more of that, Jost?
    JC:
    Yeah, I’m sure. Last year was really the learning year for Andreas. Sebastien [Ogier] had 10,000 kilometres of testing in 2012 for 2013, so he was by far in the best position and then Jari-Matti had quite a lot of test when he joined, but Andreas had the minimum test and – you know – there are not a lot of test days allowed each year. He had his first rally starting in the middle of the season and he had much less experience. It was a learning year for him last year, some events he had more experience than others and some less or none. He did a fantastic job learning last year and this year we said that where he is confident and he has done a couple of times then he can fight for the podium. Sweden was the first of these and I think he has done a fantastic job, not just fighting for the podium, but also for the victory. What’s very impressive is that this is not a result which was given to him by failure or mistakes of others, he was fighting from the beginning – setting the fastest time in the first stage – and then he was on the top all of the weekend. That was much more than we have thought and we have expected a lot of him this weekend, but it was much more [that he delivered] and everybody in the team has been impressed by his performance.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Mexico will be a bit more difficult for Mikkelsen, as he doesn't have competitive experience from there (didn't he do recce last year?) but I'm waiting again a flash of speed in Portugal...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Mikkelsen is always fast in Sweden... I hope it will be the same next events.
    I'm french... so I speak english like a spanish cow ;)
    Pictures and more... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montecar ... 7642699406

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right before Sweden the local-TV-station in Oslo, TV8 Oslo, had a 15 minutes interview with Mikkelsen about his career. He also showed that video analysis is an important tool in the preparations.

Her is the link:
    http://bit.ly/1eliH4C