Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NASCAR Team Owner, Max Papis

Papis is a big name, couldn't hurt the series, very possibly could give them a big boost. Posted at Jayski's:

Max Papis forms Whelen Euro team: Max Papis Racing to announced its presence in the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, fielding the #99 racecar for the 2014 season. Team Principal and Italian native Max Papis, who has the most NASCAR starts for a European driver, and his wife/car owner, Tatiana Fittipaldi Papis, have a personal connection with the NASCAR family. "Being a NASCAR team owner is a very important step in my professional career," said Papis. "I am excited to create a working platform that will act as a bridge between racing in the United States and Europe, creating opportunities for drivers and technicians to experience the best of the two worlds combined." Kevin Gilardoni will drive the No. 99 racecar in the Elite division. The 21-year old Italian driver has competed in the Eurocup Megane Trophy and Formula Renault 2.0 series, showing great talent and potential with multiple wins, pole positions, and podium finishes in the past three seasons. The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series will begin its third season under the NASCAR banner with the season opener April 12-13 at Valencia in Spain. The six race-weekend schedule also includes stops at England's Brands Hatch, Germany's Nürburgring and the championship weekend at France's famed LeMans. In addition, the series competes on the first purpose-built oval for stock cars in Europe, Tours Speedway in France.(Max Papis Racing)(1-17-2014)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Re: NASCAR Team Owner, Max Papis

This is good to hear. Since seeing him earn the name "Mad Max" in IMSA years ago, I have been a fan. That he went on to drive and win for the team that my (favorite) former company sponsored, just adds to my fondness for Max. Best of luck to him and his team.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith