Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    I was just reading over this original post Jens.

Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    The answer is YES! Williams! Wow, didn't expect that. But they are a "remote frontrunner", half-regular podium contender just like Lotus was. And about to finish third in the constructors championship. Great stuff!
    The same thing came to mind when I read the "remote frontrunner" comment.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am glad I got the drivers and constructors World Champions right, even if not much anything else. At least McLaren and Force India look very close to spot on.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I got my predictions last year quite accurate but with this seasons rule changes its more difficult.

1. Sebastian Vettel 287
    2. Lewis Hamilton 263
    3. Fernando Alonso 255
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 211
    5. Nico Rosberg 196
    6. Jenson Button 174
    7. Daniel Ricciardo 168
    8. Romain Grosjean 156
    9. Nico Hulkenbberg 77
    10. Magnussen 75
    11. Pastor Maldonado 68
    12. Sergio Perez 51
    13. Felipe Massa 42
    14. JE Vergne 36
    15. Adrian Sutil 26
    16. Valterri Bottas 21
    17. Esteban Gutierrez 17
    18. Kyvatt 15
    19. Jules Bianchi 1
    20. Kobayashi 0
    21. VD Garde 0
    22. Max Chilton 0

1. Ferrari 466
    2. Mercedes 459
    3. Red Bull 455
    4. McLaren 249
    5. Lotus 224
    6. Force India 128
    7. Williams 63
    8. Toro Rosso 51
    9. Sauber 43
    10. Marussia 1
    11. Caterham 0

That's my workings. I really am not sure though. Cant wait to find out.
    Wow I was way off.

Enough said. Although this was before any launches
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Daniel Ricciardo - I don't think unless Red Bull produce a monster of a car, that Daniel will be supporting Vettel much and will be looking for some podiums and maybe a win. Next season he should move on and push Seb.
    hmmm..... Not quite then

Mercedes - I fancy they might produce the car that finally gives them a shot, however if they get it wrong again and they still cant compete for the title I do worry that Mercedes may withdraw.
    They might???

I think any fear of withdrawal has gone

Fernando Alonso - We all know how good he is, but I fear he may never win another title if the Ferrari is not good this year, because he may get frustrated and leave, but then is there a top seat left for 2015?
    This is pretty much as it turned out I guess

Kimi Raikkonen - I like Kimi, he says it like it is and races hard. I think he will annoy Fernando and make this a battle to remember, we have seen these two race against each other all the way through their careers and now side by side its going to be fun.
    Or not

Lotus - Judging by the car being delayed and some comments by the team boss. I worry that Lotus are going to sink away. And of course the driver line up is weaker than 2013.
    Their line up was weaker and they did sink away

Force India - A team that varies from season to season and from race to race in those seasons. I hope to see them stayed up there, with there two drivers they have a chance of decent results.
    Did have decent results, but did not stay up there

Sergio Perez - Still cant decide on him. Looked average, then great at Sauber over his seasons there. Then up and down at McLaren again. I don't see him matching Hulkenberg over the season, but could spring the odd decent result.
    Pretty close I would say

Williams - Who knows. 2011 barely score a point then, 2012 win a race and run in points many weekends. Then 2013 and barely scoring a point again.

Felipe Massa - I like Felipe but probably his career is mostly over but nether the less I think he could score some points for the team.

Valterri Bottas - I like this guy and give him a better car and regular points could follow.
    I under rated Williams massively but the drivers did OK

Kyvat - Don't rate him massively but lets give him a bit of time.
    I still don't rate him massively but he now has a Red Bull seat.

Marussia - I would like to think that the redesign of the cars for 2014, but see them close in and tag onto the back of the field, and maybe score a point.
    They did score a point, but I did not predict their demise.

Overall my 2014 predictions were shockingly bad.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

Overall my 2014 predictions were shockingly bad.
    I did not make any predictions because I knew I would probably be so wrong!

There are so many variables that auto racing is always hard to predict. The complex new cars made that even more difficult, and Mercedes dominance was hard to see coming. It would have also been hard to predict that Ferrari would have the worst performing engine.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I am hoping its Mercedes year and we see Hamilton get the second Championship I think he has deserved. Just wish I could get my enthusiasm back! This is the first year for many where I haven't really kept up with testing and the first time I can remember where a colleague has asked me what is going on and I haven't been able to answer!

Just over a month until the first live race though, hopefully it'll rain in Malaysia. Australia is already written off.
    Well my hopes came true and even though I've missed more races this year than I have in the last 20 seasons, it was still enjoyable to see my favourite driver clinch his second title. This was improved even more so by not arguing with cretins on the Internet which almost soured my last experience of Hamilton winning a title. A tough year at times but a thrilling team mate battle and I hope the other teams close the gap over the winter. Everything Lewis achieves now is a bonus and he can look back on a great career.

7. Likes: jens (23rd November 2014)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minardi View Post
    Going to quickly get my short predictions in just before the green line goes on for the start of testing.

Mercedes
    A close season between Red Bull and Mercedes, but the Silver Arrows edge both championships, with Hamilton taking his second crown… just. Hamilton and Rosberg are close all year but Rosberg gets the bad luck of the team, allowing Hamilton to be #1 in the run up to the finale.

Red Bull
    As said before, very close all year between the Red Bulls and Mercedes, but Vettel's car finally gets the bad luck with the car that MW had the past few seasons, which allow Mercedes to get the edge. Ricciardo has good performances and is closer to Vettel at points than expected, but consistency/experience means Vettel still has a clear advantage over him over the season.

Ferrari
    A fast car and not far off the top two, but let down by being a little down in horsepower, which in a very close season, is enough to see them in third. Alonso wins in Monaco, and spurred on by inter-team rivalry, outscores the Finn over the season. The two have some very close encounters where body work comes off, with a slanging match over the radio and post-race ensuing.

McLaren
    A better car than last year, which isn't hard, but just down on the pace over the top three. They'll return to the podium this year, but not quite enough to return to the top step. Button and Magnussen quality near each other all season, with Button having the more points in the first half, but Magnussen putting in better weekend performances in the second half. They finish close together with Button just ahead, but paddock is impressed with Magnussen and hope he can build on a solid (not spectacular) first season.

Force India
    Hulkenberg finally makes the right move as Sauber languish towards the back, and Lotus' troubles continue (more on that later). Although the top four are a clear top four, Force India finish in 5th thanks to a couple of podiums due to reliability and generally good drives from Perez and Hulkenberg who both shine and mix it with the McLarens at time at particular circuits. While Perez gets his mojo back at times, Hulkenberg shines brightest, and everyone is still bemused when he still doesn't get snapped up by the big four.

Williams
    Williams return to the points on a more regular basis than last year (again... not hard) thanks to a consistent but not spectacular car. Massa and Bottas are close all year alternating most weekends. Massa gets a podium at some point thanks to a crazy race, and the little Brazilian couldn't look any happier.

Toro Rosso
    Another season of the same for STR as they show promise at times but mostly go out slap bang in the middle of Q2, except for the odd race where they show no pace, and Kyvat goes out in Q1, then the races where they seemingly pull it out of the bag, and Kyvat squeezes into Q3. Kyvat outscores Vergne despite being up and down all year.

Lotus
    Money, money, money... or lack of it dogs the Lotus boys all year. The car is unreliable and a pig to drive, and they're always playing catch up, with a B-spec car talked about but never quite emerging. Maldonado has a horror of a year running into other cars, and looks a picture of frustration and uninterest all season. Grosjean easily performs better, but struggles with the car, and his late-2013 form is forgotten, causing frustration to settle in a couple of times.

Sauber
    The car struggles from Day 1, and despite topping a test session, it's a bluff and the car is slow and down on power. Sutil outperforms Guttierez all season, and picks up a few points, but a disaster of a season. Sirotkin is talked about mid-season replacing Sutil but never quite happens as the team struggle with money.

Marussia
    Marussia scores two points!! A chaotic race with a large number of retirees, allow Bianchi to take a 9th place early in the season. Chilton is nowhere. The car is better than the Caterham but still off the rest of the field, but Bianchi gets something out of the car and looks impressive in the races.

Caterham
    Caterham finish last again and the talk of a takeover emerges around mid-season. Kobayashi outperforms Ericsson who has a couple of good drives in his debut season, but being at the back with the Marussias, it doesn't impress as everyone's eyes are on Bianchi.
    Been away a while... not too bad.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th November 2014 at 11:46.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    dp
    Last edited by Tazio; 27th November 2014 at 11:46.
    May the forza be with you

Hi Minardi