Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Re: 2014 car launch dates

Marussia car looks by far the best in terms of livery (I actually thought they did not have that thing at the end but the side view showed that I was wrong!)
    It reminded me a lot of the Orange Arrows back in the day which I loved along with the B&H Jordan Shark/Hornets
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Does anyone else think these phallic noses could be dangerous in a collision... for instance the nose of one car, side on to the cockpit of another, a large amount of force concentrated on the 'B**lend'... like having a battering ram on the car!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue
    Does anyone else think these phallic noses could be dangerous in a collision... for instance the nose of one car, side on to the cockpit of another, a large amount of force concentrated on the 'B**lend'... like having a battering ram on the car!
    You would hope they've done their sums on this, since it's the safety regulation specifying exactly how blunt the tip of the nose has to be that's given rise to this design.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

I don't think it is practical to have a "safe" front end and still get the kind of aerodynamic performance that would be acceptable for open wheel racing. The one point brought up by Newey is that if a car traveling at a high rate of speed were to nose into the rear end of another car it could slide under the rear end and jack the driver that noses in. Perhaps he has a valid point.

"The regulation has been introduced following some research by the FIA [the sport's governing body] which suggests that nose height reduces the chance of cars being launched [into the air] like the accident that Mark Webber had when he hit the back of Heikki Kovalainen in Valencia a few years ago.

"I must admit, I am concerned that the opposite may now happen, that cars now submarine effectively. If you hit the back of a car square on then you go underneath and you end up with a rear crash structure in your face, which is a much worse scenario."

"I guess it's like all these things, it might help in some scenarios, it hurts in others. It's one which I must admit personally I'm not in favour of. For me it's introduced possibly more dangers than it has cured."
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/j ... 1-red-bull
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Decent looking Car for Marussia.

Their nose doesn't look quite so silly, still Its all about the pace and I doubt we will find that out today.

i think the thing that makes me dislike the marussia is its livery. the body and shape of the car is probably decent looking as you say. but the paint scheme is horrible. To me smaller teams really need to put some effort into the livery of the car to stand out and get some attention. If they went with a strong metallic orange and some lovey accents then that would be cool. Better yet, they should go for a powder blue scheme like the old benetton/renaults which really stood out. I love the caterham livery and think if marussia's wasn't so dull it might do them a world of good
    Now that's just silly. They and RB are the only teams, who managed to mask the huge dildo up front by clever use of black paint, so their livery is a winner by default. FI tried but failed, because they nailed something to it that even Ann Summers wouldn't sell and then contrasted the black paint with white of all colors, which sort of ruined the purpose of the exercise (or however that is spelt).
    I thought you retired from F1
    only to return and label a posters's opinions silly
    you seem to be hung up on the "dong" part of the nose
    I'm looking at the overall livery.

get a grip
    SMH
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Bye, DJ.

Really, if you're going to get that upset over what a racing car looks like....

As for the rest of you fashionista, get a grip. They are F1 cars, and no amount of moaning about regs and dildoes is going to even register on the rats arse meters of the various designers/aerodynamicists.

Now, can we get on with the real discussions, hmm? I know it's been a long winter/summer for everybody, but now there's some action afoot. Let's all agree that they are not pretty and get on with something less superficial?
    Dawg, I'm so down with this post!!!
    From where I'm standing this season looks like it could be one of the most entertaining seasons since 2008.
    But on point you guys bro suck (and when I say mean "you guys" I mean the group that doesn't love their enemies).
    From where I'm standing as of right now I see the "prospect" of there being close inter-team battles @ or near the top @ McLaren, Mercedes, and Ferrari. Red Bull is a team I can't say that about because Fettel is their bro boy and a clear # one.
    D.R. will be expected to do Seb's dirty work this season, unlike Magnussen (who will be the subject of much more whining by the Anglo-mafia than there was when The Boss first came up, and to his credit was a match for Fred, but hasn't fulfilled the prophecy that after being so close in 2007, that by 2010 he will have matured into the second coming, which he has not, just a damn good pilot that also likes to embrace life)

because he is going to make McLaren 2007 look like a feakin' honeymoon. I'm hoping that Williams will be a top tier two team, because Felipe once more will show that he is quick, very quick in low fuel situations, and still bro sucks in race trim, but a change in scenery might light a freakin' fire under his ass with this team, but he will lose interest (focus) down the road and get his ass freakin’ kicked in the WDC. I sincerely hope not.
    The two-time Formula 1 World Champion added: "In fact, if I went out on track now in my Alfa Romeo Giulietta, I’d have as much fun, just as I did when I was a kid and as I do now, if I get into a kart, which is much slower than the speeds you reach in a Formula 1 car. It’s not enough driving on the simulator to get some feelings, you need to be out on track in a real car in front of the fans who have come just to support you: that’s real excitement."
    Read more at http://www.motortradesinsight.co.uk/art ... asp?id=971

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLZfvPQ2lA
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not really a car launch, but Lotus continuing to see the lighter side of F1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXATzDBD ... e=youtu.be

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minardi

Good one. Plenty of plugs to make the sponsors happy as well.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minardi

Is that the new hospitality suite?

I know budgets are tight at Lotus, but...

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112504

Pretty keen to see it.

Hopefully Williams can start stringing together several decent seasons in a row, but I've been saying that for the past 8 years... :\