Open up the rules of F1 to allow designers/engineers to innovate. The rules would ensure things like power output and basic parameters were set i.e track width, max height and any and all safety requirements were met, but leave room for a designer to come up with something new e.g as in the 80"s ground effect etc.

Get rid of the stooooopid tyre rules, allow drivers to choose their own strategies, if they want to use the available hard tyres and not stop, then so be it. Also don't make the top 10 have to start on the tyres they qualified on.

In qualifying have the 3rd session as a proper top 10 shoot out, i.e. each car gets one flying lap to set a time that produces the top 10, with a point for pole.

Don't screw around with the points system i.e. scrap the idiotic double points malarcy

Race on circuits capable of hosting a race, enough of the Tilkedrome processions.

If I set the calendar I would have a 20 race season. 12 of the races would be set in stone and would not have to worry about having their event taken off them, these would be 1. Australia, 2. Brazil, 3. Canada, 4. USA, 5 Great Britain, 6. France, 7. Monaco, 8. Germany, 9. Italy, 10, Spain, 11. Japan 12. Belgium. The other 8 races would be on a four year contract, with two races up for grabs ever year, so places like Singapore, China, Russia, Mexico etc could tender for a four year contract, possibly giving 1 or two new tracks to visit each year.