Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If You Were King for a Day.........

What would you do to improve racing?

Here are my Top Ten proclamations:

1. Change the emphasis on high technology from F1 to Endurance Sports cars, with Le Mans as the focal point.
    2. Return GP racing to racing between drivers, not engineers.
    3. Create four classes for Endurance Racing- Top Prototype for anything goes high tech factory cars like Audi, Porsche, Toyota. Second class for LMP prototypes with more basic engines but around 700bhp, limited technology. Third class prototype GT cars with high road use technology. Bottom class race modified road GT cars.
    4. Ban telemetry between cars and the pits during a race. Race control to cars OK.
    5. Let the engineers deliver a read-to-race car to the grid and then have the drivers drive it without their interference during a race. Obviously they can change things in the pits during the race
    6. Scrap the idea of double points races
    7. Add points for pole position and fastest laps.
    8. Tires: Allow cars to qualify on any tires with a limit of two sets per session. Then have new tires allocated for the race, two types as now. This will stop sandbagging to save tires and encourage hard qualifying through the field.
    9. Scrap artificial fuel limits but reduce the size of fuel tanks so that cars that go faster by using more fuel have to refuel. Specially valid for endurance races.
    10. Replace the ownership structure of F1 and return more money to the lower teams and back to the sport as a whole.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Re: If You Were King for a Day.........

Open up the rules of F1 to allow designers/engineers to innovate. The rules would ensure things like power output and basic parameters were set i.e track width, max height and any and all safety requirements were met, but leave room for a designer to come up with something new e.g as in the 80"s ground effect etc.

Get rid of the stooooopid tyre rules, allow drivers to choose their own strategies, if they want to use the available hard tyres and not stop, then so be it. Also don't make the top 10 have to start on the tyres they qualified on.

In qualifying have the 3rd session as a proper top 10 shoot out, i.e. each car gets one flying lap to set a time that produces the top 10, with a point for pole.

Don't screw around with the points system i.e. scrap the idiotic double points malarcy

Race on circuits capable of hosting a race, enough of the Tilkedrome processions.

If I set the calendar I would have a 20 race season. 12 of the races would be set in stone and would not have to worry about having their event taken off them, these would be 1. Australia, 2. Brazil, 3. Canada, 4. USA, 5 Great Britain, 6. France, 7. Monaco, 8. Germany, 9. Italy, 10, Spain, 11. Japan 12. Belgium. The other 8 races would be on a four year contract, with two races up for grabs ever year, so places like Singapore, China, Russia, Mexico etc could tender for a four year contract, possibly giving 1 or two new tracks to visit each year.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

This is what I wrote on another site...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/f ... t-31090312

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

I'd ban all four wheel drive vehicles from the metropolitan area.

Wrong forum I know, but whatever

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

All we need is a better distribution of money :

Fat Hippo’s Not-A-Rant: Why FIA should rethink their approach
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts

Steel suspension and steering arms to allow somw small contact, narrower front wings for the same reason. Less wings and aero as general would allow better racing, less grip makes better show. Proper monsuun wet tyres, no starts behind SC, no postponed races because of rain. There would be more if I took the time t think

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Front wings banned.
    Rear wings banned.
    Cars can only be 1 meter wide.
    Legalize ground effects.
    Tire width reduced by half.
    Legalize four-wheel-drive.
    Bigger cockpits.

EDIT
    The following tracks are now banned: Bahrain, Shanghai, South Korea, Russia, and Abu Dhabi.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

It would have been the most pointless thought exercise to impose my will upon others. Most of the things in motorsports are the way they are today because the plurality of fans, teams, sponsors, and manufacturers has determined them to be this way. This is what the fans, teams, and manufacturers want, right now.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Front wings banned.
    Rear wings banned.
    Cars can only be 1 meter wide.
    Legalize ground effects.
    Tire width reduced by half.
    Legalize four-wheel-drive.
    Bigger cockpits.
    Why the reasoning for the bolded ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    This is what the fans, teams, and manufacturers want, right now.
    Yep.