Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Re: Schumacher injured in Skiing accident

How long was Karl Wendlinger kept in an induced coma after his head injury at Monaco? Didn't he make a full recovery?

I don't know if I read that Micheal was conscious immediately after his fall. If so, and the speed with which he was treated, can surely only be a good sign. Lets hope so.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

From all I've read , everything seems to favour the champ , after the accident .

At a top drawer resort we can expect top notch equipment , and the helmet , everyone seems to agree , is firstly responsible for saving his life .
    Although , perhaps we should thank Michael , himself , for having the foresight , and common sense , over perhaps ego , to wear a helmet in the first place .

Then , we again must thank the resort for having enough ski patrol staff out there to have gotten to him very quickly , and for them being well enough trained to know he should be airlifted right away .
    Presumably , the haematoma would have started very soon after the impact , and therefore he is also lucky to have such good staff in the helicopter to keep him alive en route .

Transferred immediately to a bigger hospital , he was attended by the best , and in very short order .

The first operation went well enough to shortly later allow movement to a scan , and a second operation a little later .

Although Michael has , as F1 racers do , sustained many high speed impacts , and thus , a number of concussions , he is still racing fit , and much younger than his age would suggest .

He's getting , and has gotten to this point , the very best of care , and he's got about the best chance one could have of coming out of this an astute spokesperson for helmet safety in future .
    These injuries can take an agonizingly long time to heal for those at the bedside .
    I really feel for the family , having been hit with this just after a happy Christmas , ringing in the New Year with tears in their eyes .
    It's even harder for them with the press pressing at the door , exposing the down side of being rich and famous , sometimes in the most ugly ways .

Heal up , Michael .
    As Mika says , this isn't a race . Take your time to get back up to speed .
    But , give us some signs soon that you're healing .

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Not being ghoulish, but I had NO idea that Schumacher was worth this kind of money! I figured maybe a couple hundred million, at most. Wow!

But with that said, I hope that the wife and kids don't get to see it anytime soon (meaning, I hope he pulls though).

The Formula One legend made a will distributing his $1.5 billion fortune three years before his horrific skiing accident.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/26...-and-kids.html
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Not being ghoulish, but I had NO idea that Schumacher was worth this kind of money! I figured maybe a couple hundred million, at most. Wow!

But with that said, I hope that the wife and kids don't get to see it anytime soon (meaning, I hope he pulls though).

The Formula One legend made a will distributing his $1.5 billion fortune three years before his horrific skiing accident.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/26...-and-kids.html
    I read years ago that he had broken the billion barrier but thought it was calculated in £'s. Our media today gave the figure of £750m and I expected it to be higher, not that it's a low sum at all. I'm sure right now Schuey would give it all up for good health though. I hope he recovers and after his long rehabilitation he is able to once again live a normal life. With his proven mental strength, surely it's possible.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Professional Athletes probably have the best chance of recovering from any kind of trauma, and knowing Schumi, who has trained all this life, he will probably have a full recovery, the fact that he was found conscious after it, probably means he should not have any after effects, keeping my fingers crossed.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

I imagine everybody is looking forward, and can't wait for Schumacher's win #92.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    Professional Athletes probably have the best chance of recovering from any kind of trauma, and knowing Schumi, who has trained all this life, he will probably have a full recovery,
    It stands him in a better sted than someone who was unfit.

the fact that he was found conscious after it, probably means he should not have any after effects, keeping my fingers crossed.
    This is based on what? Nothing really?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well he was conscious on arrival for the support staff, meaning the basic brain functions were working, its probably much better then finding him unconscious from the moment of impact.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motor-spor ... 6803272400

Hopefully this is just speculation, but I fear the likeliness of a full recovery is decreasing. Godspeed.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Doctors etc do tend to be focused on the extreme negative of most situations, and most reports like this are coming from admittedly highly qualified, but completely remote people, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

People have made complete recoveries (albeit with some slight issues) from similar injuries, and if strength of character, determination, physical strength and single mindedness count for anything, Schumi should be in good stead.