Page 9 of 439 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part III)

It's why the day is called the "Day of the Innocents". Although it obviously loses a lot of its context outside Spain.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I still can't believe how so many people inside and outside of Spain had appointed this silly joke as real news. For me there was never any chance to believe it and as Kielder says this kind of news will never come from a spanish website.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

People outside Spain fall for it because they don't have much exposure to the Day of the Innocents, so they aren't aware it is a day for practical jokes (the only reason why I know about it is because they have done it a few times in Formula 1).

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    More expensive than some second-level F1-teams.

VW has a WRC budget close to 90-100 millions per season, Hyundai is not far away from that (about 80)... just to let you understand what's needed to be at the top of the sport.
    I am quite sceptical that anyone would spend that much on WRC. Possibly in the first year when they have to set up their facilities and design and develop a brand new car, but not as an annual budget surely?

Anyway, I guess the likes of M-Sport are not spending anywhere close to that.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yeah, that's an unreasonable figure. And M-Sport has their customer car programme, which would be a tidy little earner for them. After all, they keep doing it. So it's not like a sponsor would have to pay for the team's full budget.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS

VW has a WRC budget close to 90-100 millions per season, Hyundai is not far away from that (about 80)... just to let you understand what's needed to be at the top of the sport.
    I am quite sceptical that anyone would spend that much on WRC. Possibly in the first year when they have to set up their facilities and design and develop a brand new car, but not as an annual budget surely?

As for VW and Hyundai, I knew that because of some friends inside both teams.

Don't know how much difference there is between VW/Hyundai and M-Sport "factory" programme, but I'm sure it's quite big!!!! Can't say how much do they spend for WRC.

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS

As for VW and Hyundai, I knew that because of some friends inside both teams.

Don't know how much difference there is between VW/Hyundai and M-Sport "factory" programme, but I'm sure it's quite big!!!! Can't say how much do they spend for WRC.
    Motorsportsfun is correct with the ammounts, for example Hyundai has same ammount every year in their whole 5-years programme. And there is one big difference between Citroen/VW/Hyundai and "brittish" factory programmes like M-Sport, Prodrive or MSD. Manufacturers in first group are making their rally program to make a big promotion for the manufacturer, companies in second group are making it primary for their business...

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vino_93
    Same for Martin Koci, entering with DS3 R3 ... WRC 3 + JWRC ?

I didn't read OFFICIAL news about Citroën in JWRC yet
    But I've read in a press release that the Citroën Top Driver was still running in 2014

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts

No official news yet.Even on the official regulations are telling shorltly:JWRC regulations=TBA
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The first round of this year's JWRC was in Portugal. I'm assuming that the FIA is going to do something similar this year, so even though the start of the WRC, -2 and -3 seasons is in three weeks, the start of the JWRC wouldn't be for another three months. They've got plenty of time to sort out those regulations if that's what needs to be done.