Page 316 of 439 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4386
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    It would be a bit sad to lose RallyGB, but take off the rose tinted glasses; it’s just another WRC event. Its not the ‘RAC’ of old – which was an iconic, huge event, and a massive challenge to all competing, and those of us who spectated.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: RAS007 (3rd August 2015)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Is there in GB this year still national rally championship?!

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Jordan, Japan, New Zealand, Acropolis, Turkey. It seemed to be a bit more rounded than it is now. They also managed 15 rounds back then.

Also, take a look back in time to the thread that was started on "which rally would you like to see in the WRC?" Many people were then saying Rally GB is boring, lets go to the US or back to Asia...
    I don't agree that to make a World championship we need many events outside Europe, I don't want to give up on quality for the sake of the rallies being "all around the world", a world championship means also that there should be the best events of the world in the calendar. I would be willing to give a chance to China, but not at the expense of Wales. True that it's not the RAC anymore, but considering we have an event like Mexico that is in the calendar just because it's in North America and that otherwise would have been dropped since those idiots throwing rocks at the cars. Having in the calendar Argentina, Australia, NZ, maybe China and/or Japan if they show they can host an event - great, but that's it. In my opinion, no need for Mexico, Jordan and others...

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis View Post
    Is there in GB this year still national rally championship?!
    Yes national rally once again this year.

From a selfish perspective I'd like to see GB remain. I'm averaging 3 WRC events a year but it's nice to be able to drive for a couple of hours and be at your home round.

No event has a divine right to be on the championship. Wales GB certainly isn't the challenge it once was. But what event is? You can't really mark the organisers down for neutering the rally, in line with what is mandated by the FIA/Promoter. The rally has certainly picked back up in the last few years comparatively speaking. It seems to have momentum behind it, plus it actually has funding - so in theory it's future is secured for a few more years in the current area - calendar pending. Another spectator fatality could derail that though.

I'd be annoyed to see Wales get the chop when you have a French round clearly in turmoil, lacking funding and seemingly reluctantly held on Corsica this year. That to me seems like a no-brainer, especially given France has two rounds and China sounds like it will be on tarmac.

That said, if a couple of years out of the calendar meant Rally GB could eventually be revamped and rejuvenated in a different part of the country then I might be tempted to take that. But that's obviously a very big IF.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    What about if Corsica will not host the rally next year? It could happen, FIA is not happy about islands rally and the itinerary is not what promoter is aiming to.

China would replace Wales anyway but maybe there will be Ireland (geographically close to Great Britain) replacing Corsica.

EDIT: Lol, I realised soon after that Ireland is an island as well I need holiday but still, I really like Ireland roads, don't know if manufacturers will agree but it would be great.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    I don't see Wales dropping off the calendar in favour of China, or indeed any other rally. The event has a lot of support from Welsh local and national government (we're led to believe) and so it is unlikely WRC promoter will get rid of it unless all of a sudden that healthy support becomes less than the other rallies under threat. But Tour de Corse does not look like being more than a stop-gap for this year and although healthy, Circuit of Ireland probably won't be in a position to oust Wales Rally GB in the near future.

My guess is that Tour de Corse won't return next year, regardless of whether an event in China is ready for next year

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    BMW in RallyX Scandinavia with a Series 1
    https://instagram.com/p/51z6Nowq50/
    Can we Hope they are looking into WRC too?
    Theres rumors saying they will start to develop a new racing program in December!

Marquardt also said BMW will NOT enter WEC with a LMP1 program cuz its gonna be "too much of this hybrid thing". Same about F1. They keep saying Hybrid cars is just a waste of time and money, cuz "the future will be electric, so we should all improve batteries, not waste time and cash doing hybrids to use them for 5 years then quit cuz of electric engines" (not exactly same words but...)
    About FormulaE they've said they will enter the series when batteries can last the whole race. Otherwise it could hurt brand's name. (?? ..Renault, McLaren and Citroen are already there ...??)
    THEN.. what else, right? Just hope for some big news till december for both WRC and RallYX

9. Likes: Micke_VOC (1st August 2015)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    They have try that with Mini, then suddenly "pulling their plugs" since Sweden 2012

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    BMW in WRC? Do you really believe that's even possible?
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    BMW in WRC? Do you really believe that's even possible?
    as much as AUDI & Mercedes
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI