Page 159 of 439 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 4386
    Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    DMACK Tyres ‏@DMACK_Tyres 5 ώρεςΠριν από 5 ώρες
    One Estonian out, another coming in! Good luck to @SanderPrn in our WRC 2 team next year!

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Is it sure that ott will pay for his backet this year?
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    It was time for Mikko to go, but the jury is still out on Tanak IMO. I know WRC2 is a bit of a joke championship but what went wrong for Tanak there this year?
    Multiple mechanical failiures and little problems with tyres:
    Mexico - Wrong note. blind crest, co-driver said that there is a corner right after the crest.. but it was left instead, Superally as a result (won all the stages he took part)
    Argentina - powersteering failed during landing and car jumped off the road, Rally 2 as a result
    Sardegna - problems with powersteering and streering and trasmission, Rally 2 as a result
    Poland - won the rally, led from start to finish
    Rally Estonia- won the rally, led from start to finish
    Finland - punctures, but still finished on the podium (Many DMack drivers had punctures there, for some reason)
    Germany - DMACK is not fast enough on tarmac, but still managed to finish second,
    Barum Czech Rally Zlin - was testing new DMack compounds, finished 7th.
    Australia - problems with with transmission (2wd car) and finally when the car was ok, he was trying fight back and crashed.
    he won 64 stages in WRC2 (Ketomaa was second with 28 stage wins and Nasser third with 26 stage wins.

So, to sum up, inexperienced co-driver at the beginning, multiple mechanical failiures and one mistake at the end of season.

Seems that it is really difficult to win WRC2 when you are not running RRC. Mostly problems with reliability of new cars.
    Last edited by bluuford; 21st November 2014 at 19:17.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: dimviii (21st November 2014),eib1 (21st November 2014),EstWRC (21st November 2014),Jeppe (22nd November 2014),Mirek (21st November 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Is it sure that ott will pay for his backet this year?
    I am pretty sure that he will not pay. He does not have any funds. Maybe there is some support related to his salary from his sponsors? I do not know.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Ott is good choice. Exciting to see what he can do. However as a swede I like Pontus T to become a WRC driver in the near future as well.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 12,238 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Yep, bluuford named all the problems that Tänak had this season, he also had powersteering issues in finland too. As a fan it was just a miserable season, every rally something worng with the car, kind of like Abbring in ERC.

He won in Poland but i rate very highly his second place in rally Germany. Dmack's tarmac tyres are just nowhere compared to Michelin. Tänak's main sponsor from Estonia said after rally germany that the tyres were already gone in the third corner. But he still managed to get second in overall and even win the 42km long Panzerplatte stage with those tyres.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    This year I was curious what Ott will show on our specific Barum stages. I don't know how much of that can be blamed on the tyres but he was driving completely strange way. It was very spectacular but nobody ever made a good result here by drifting in every second corner.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Kubica in a private Citroen Ds3 Wrc for 2015 , maybe with Protasov teammate...Is It real ?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I will never call Lukyanuk as a tourist, in any car. I will call him "crazy man"
    And we shouldn't forget the Dmack factor.

Seems that it was due to the tyres in Barum. Dmack has made good gravel tyre but it takes time to improve on tarmac. I was just comparing Fuchs (He was driving with DMack, if I am not mistaken) times on tarmac in Spain and he was mostly 2.2-2.5 sec per one km slower than leader. On gravel, and mixed stages he was just over 0.5 sec slower than class winner. So, there is a big difference.