Page 149 of 439 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4386
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    So, you just want the best driver/car to be penalized for being better than the rest? That's a competition and the best should win, not the mediocre one.
    but should it be the best car, or the best driver?
    if you look at the current situation, the only way to win a rally is to drive for volkswagen motorsport I, or wait for them to both crash out. making the cars more equal on pace would be a great improvement for the sport.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    if you look at the current situation, the only way to win a rally is to drive for volkswagen motorsport I, or wait for them to both crash out. making the cars more equal on pace would be a great improvement for the sport.
    This is why, in my view, Kankkunen is still the greatest of all time. 4 world titles with 3 different manufacturers. I would really loved to have seen Loeb switch to another team, just to see if he could do it in another car.

3. Likes: A FONDO (6th November 2014)
    Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    So... You don't understand that somebody who was great in one thing 6 (!) years ago isn't so great in something completely different now?
    I see your point but I'm not talking about his speed, it's more his ability to be consistent. I've been involved in rallying for 30 years and one thing is for sure you don't become a winner on just speed alone but on consistency as well.

While the two categories are completely different and I totally agree with other responses about F1 being the same old same old lap after lap, I would have thought that the mental approach of being consistent would have carried over.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Well, that's another problem to tackle. But as of now, there's fewer possibilities that the best driver wins, than before.

You are right in saying the cars should be more equally matched. Organizers should make stricter rules on machines, but not penalize drivers for being better than others.

Right now they are only interested in having more TV exposure and gaining more casual fans, than making for a fairer competition between drivers.
    Viola ad oltranza...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    The first I can think of is the 60km long stage in Sardinia, cancelled after the crash of Al-Rahji. Also letting WRC2 cars start first could cause huge traffic problems, as all spectators would leave the stage at the very same moment (after last WRC car) to go to the next stage, while they now stay for at least some WRC2-drivers. This issue could be bigger than you may think, especially for events like Finland and Germany, with lots of spectators.
    Ok that's a one-off. The second run of Col de Turini was ruined by the first WRC car through, so reversed order can end up with the rich but inexperienced screwing up in the most difficult conditions
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    what i don't understand: there are dozens of cars before the first course-car, so how is sweeping still a problem? shouldn't it be almost clean after the 0-car?

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Good interview with Meeke and some thought on "sprint" WRC events, how driving has changed etc.

http://api.app.evo.co.uk/editions/uk...a948a/web.html
    Last edited by noel157; 6th November 2014 at 11:46.

9. Likes: A FONDO (6th November 2014),cali (6th November 2014),lewalcindor (6th November 2014)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    what i don't understand: there are dozens of cars before the first course-car, so how is sweeping still a problem? shouldn't it be almost clean after the 0-car?
    Because rallycars (especially WRC) take a completely different line than course-cars.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Because rallycars (especially WRC) take a completely different line than course-cars.
    and the fact that they carry a little bit more speed and a little bit more torque plays a part i think.... maybe... LOL

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    and the fact that they carry a little bit more speed and a little bit more torque plays a part i think.... maybe... LOL
    Even if you let Fiesta R2's (DMACK Trophy for example) drive first, the road would still have to be sweeped after course-cars.