Page 29 of 439 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts

Re: [WRC] News & rumours (part III)

Tamrazov:

Guy Jones from UK MG office is strange guy ; ) promised to answer and nothing . My friend's who trying to get in touch with China office .

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Of course he's not going to say anything. Companies rarely do ahead of an official announcement, even if it is an open secret.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

I can't see an MG entry being anything less than awful. Do they have any money?

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts

And are there any drivers left who would be quick enough to make it a serious effort!
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Kronos racing sells their headquarters.They will continue at some only 1200sqm with historic cars.

new Sebastien Loeb account at twitter reached some 20.600 followers at 11 hours
    https://twitter.com/SebastienLoeb

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    At least they are interested in entering the sport. There is the potential to do well; the MG6 isn't completely horrible in the BTCC, so if developed properly, the MG3 could work. And there is plenty of money in China.

The real challenge will be in finding capable drivers. I imagine Tamrazov would drive one, since he is arranging the whole thing, but if not, he would probably give a seat to Protasov; you don't win Monte Carlo (whatever your category) without having a little bit of talent. They could probably get Tideman or Breen or Bouffier for the second seat, depending on funding.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    At least they are interested in entering the sport. There is the potential to do well; the MG6 isn't completely horrible in the BTCC, so if developed properly, the MG3 could work. And there is plenty of money in China.

The real challenge will be in finding capable drivers. I imagine Tamrazov would drive one, since he is arranging the whole thing, but if not, he would probably give a seat to Protasov; you don't win Monte Carlo (whatever your category) without having a little bit of talent. They could probably get Tideman or Breen or Bouffier for the second seat, depending on funding.
    There is no problem with finding drivers. Alex will be there mainly as investor and "father" of the project, but if it will come true, lot of interesting people from rally area will be involved...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well, if the money is there and they can make a viable project of it, they will probably be able to get *someone* on-board. After all, Hyundai managed it.

Mind you, I would have explored the possibility of getting the new Honda Civic or Volvo C30 into rallying before the MG3. The Civic has been pretty competitive in other series, so it is a good platform. And Volvo have been expanding their motorsport programme of late, and I think the car is quite nice.

(I would include Toyota in that list, but we know they are already working on something of their own.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MG will be fine if it decides to make something. It could be no worse than the MINI thing or the endless Saab rumors of a few years ago pre-GFC (I mean what is happening with them now anyway?).

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    MG will be fine if it decides to make something. It could be no worse than the MINI thing or the endless Saab rumors of a few years ago pre-GFC (I mean what is happening with them now anyway?).
    The last Saab news I remember was that they will start production again. Here's a small news piece I found - "Saab restarts production of the 9-3"
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.