Page 119 of 439 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 4386
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun View Post
    What about Sweden, Portugal back to Fafe and Argentina?
    yes but stil, if you look at the calendar back in 2001 it was better back then.

2. Likes: RAS007 (12th September 2014)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Personally I would use superally crews to sweep the road in second and third day.
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    Given that VW are the fastest and also the least often users of Superrally do you really think other teams are going to send their guys out on superrally to sweep the roads to ultimately help the VWs?
    But not this^. It is up to those teams to make that decision, but if superrally is going to be used on events, then this is the way it should be done. I think superrally is a farce and teams should get no benefit at all from restarting a rally their driver has crashed out of, or suffered mechanical failure etc, other than stage miles/testing/experience for the driver.

4. Likes: Mirek (13th September 2014)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    yes but stil, if you look at the calendar back in 2001 it was better back then.
    But definitely you can't sell a "2014" product with only traditional elements. You could agree with that. It's a good balance, IMHO. Of course, I'd rather prefer to see maybe Brazil instead of Mexico (so going over the Pond just once, reducing costs) or, for example, Greece back in place of Alsace (we already have Germany, isn't it?). Give the Promoter some times, I think they're working hard on every aspect. Promoting a series is an extremely difficult task.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Hopefully Hyundai will go away from the part time drivers next season. Team 1 with Neuville and Hanninen full time and have a 'dowN uNder team' with Paddon and someone like Eli Evans.
    http://youtu.be/4rYy2Za_Ppg Eli Evans- honda g2. Australia is one of Hyundai's largest car markets.
    or do the driver rotation in the N team.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 13th September 2014 at 09:40.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun View Post
    But definitely you can't sell a "2014" product with only traditional elements. You could agree with that. It's a good balance, IMHO. Of course, I'd rather prefer to see maybe Brazil instead of Mexico (so going over the Pond just once, reducing costs) or, for example, Greece back in place of Alsace (we already have Germany, isn't it?). Give the Promoter some times, I think they're working hard on every aspect. Promoting a series is an extremely difficult task.
    yep ok i know what you mean, let's hope it won't take too long.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    “We've again blended a mix of classic events that date back to the championship's origins with newer, but firmly established, rallies. All will offer a challenging variety of roads and conditions to ensure that WRC will provide the ultimate all-round test of driving ability,” Ciesla added. I'm sorry but apart from Monte-Carlo,Finland and Wales what classics???? San Remo? Corsica? Safari? Acropolis??

Agree. Only Finland and Monte are classics, RallyGB is no longer one; a tour of North Wales isn't a 'classic'. The FiA should encourage the national federations to use Corsica, Sanremo, etc

Also, the calendar is still heavily biased in favour of gravel, especially dry, dusty gravel - get rid of a couple of them. We have to wait until August for Tarmac. Why? You could have Corsica in May, were it belongs.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

9. Likes: A FONDO (13th September 2014)
    Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Yes, if the DS brand is meant to compete with Audi, shouldn't the DS racing car be on circuits and the Citroen Racing in rallying with other small cars and less 'exclusive' brands. It may mean that Citroen will no longer use the DS3 in rallying, but possibly the new Citroen branded equivalent?
    It's a possibility, but only after 2016, as Citroën will be on track up to 2016. So the new regulation in 2017 is perfect for Citroën.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    I Still don't agree with the split times inside the cars and the rally leader should always be the first car on the road.
    Whitout split times, thereīs no chance to stop at the end of the stage.
    Thatīs my opinion

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75 View Post
    I Still don't agree with the split times inside the cars and the rally leader should always be the first car on the road.
    Thatīs my opinion
    A few years back drivers also stopped and played tactics even without splits.... Carlos sainz was excluded from rally australia for stopping completely between the yellow board and the finish... so your opinion is wrong.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75 View Post
    Thatīs my opinion
    For the sake of competition and spirit of Rally nobody wants splits in the cars apart from drivers and teams. I don't agree for the running order though. For me the best option is QS/Shakedown decision.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI