Page 89 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    well, its time for some changes in the wrc, but i dont think this is the way eighter.
    one of the biggest changes with the possible best effect is to ban the ridiculous homologation rule.
    then the manufactures is out of the game, yes, but we will see many more different cars, drivers, team, fans and so on. in a much lower expense for everyone. its few manu's in the formula classes also, if the fia would get a homologation rule thru a manu, the formula one would be dead too.

get rid of the manu's, then we have several teams like msport, kronos, adapta, +++++ that could build and run different cars, make an easy rulebook that suits private teams, of course many of them would have some support from different carmakers, and of course those with the biggest budget would have, atleast a change to have, the best car. but this is motorsport and thats how it is.
    then we can get those heroes we had for a long time ago, win a event in a selfbuild car, against all odds, lots of teams and cars on the start, cars would probably brake down easier, but that was a part of the game to.
    I support the idea for more free rules as well. As someone mentioned here already, look what happens in WEC. The technical rules are free, but with some respect to the layout. The same could be evolution in WRC, avoiding the insane GrB again. I also like local drivers with lower budgets to score great results in WRC Rallies, that is one of the spices of the championship. But this couldn't happen in next 2 years. Probably 2017 will bring something and Toyota are preparing for it?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    like today you mean?
    what i ment was allowing the tourists of nothingness to be in the spotlight. Today they just take part and they provide entertainment with heir useless doggy skills... if manufacturers go away they will buy their way to the top.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Manufacturers want to be in the WEC because they can showcase new/future road relevant technology - in fact the rules encourage this. I can't imagine that happening in the WRC - at least not at the moment.

The WRC doesn't need gimmicks, 'shoot outs' or 'pit stops'....it just needs promoting properly. I really think it's that simple. The WRC doesn't need watering down any more. Enough is enough. If VW don't like the current format - they shouldn't have joined.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: focus206 (23rd June 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The WRC doesn't need gimmicks, 'shoot outs' or 'pit stops'....it just needs promoting properly. I really think it's that simple. The WRC doesn't need watering down any more. Enough is enough. If VW don't like the current format - they shouldn't have joined.
    WRC has many problems, and promotion is one of them. It needs all the problem parts to be made to "work" together as well designed machine. The promotion can be made lot better with current format of course, but still there will be other problems still existing. The good thing about "shoot our" is that will make current sunday action lot better, now it is, well boring... but not only that part. Most importantly, I don't see any less endurance aspect in that proposal. On the contrary - crews seem to be more endurance affected by it. I don't know what to say about "pitstops" though
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My biggest issue with this shootout (that's not a shootout) is that times are adjusted to create artificial entertainment. And I think it really goes against the integrity of the sport to adjust the times of the competing cars (ok, maybe with the exception of an assessed time when a competitor is forced to stop for a reason beyond their control, but that's quite different). I think artifically manufacturing a closer result is probably only going to appeal to those with a 30 second attention spans and will not be effective or sustainable. I think if you were looking for a longer term solution you should be aiming to promote a sport with substance, not promoting it with gimmicks.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anstis View Post
    I think artifically manufacturing a closer result is probably only going to appeal to those with a 30 second attention spans.
    Which is right in the comfort zone of those of you who have never stood by the fire and felt its heat.

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
    Sorry but, is it possible to keep this thread purely for News and rumours as the title say, and we have another thread for nice discussions as we always have.

Since most of us are against this shootout idea because it is making it complicated, i think this thread also became complicated as well, lets make it easier for everyone by having two different threads for "News and Rumours" and "WRC Discussion" or something similar

9. Likes: makinen_fan (23rd June 2014)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know when M-Sport will start using the facelifted Fiesta?

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    probably finland

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Not this year.