Page 51 of 439 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Once Hyundai gave Juho a seat they must put efforts on him, no matter what. Sordo, we all knew his abilities by the time Hyundai choose other guys before him. Now they step on other leg. It´s not so polite in my way of thinking strategies. Juho have done the job good so far and needs more driving, that all. So why don´t they let him??
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    If they were to be able to have a third car in Argentina Juho would have a seat there aswell, you have to understand Sordo has a lot more experience on Argentina, plus in a spanish speaking country having a spanish driver is alot more wise in marketing terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    If they were to be able to have a third car in Argentina Juho would have a seat there aswell, you have to understand Sordo has a lot more experience on Argentina, plus in a spanish speaking country having a spanish driver is alot more wise in marketing terms.
    Yeah, maybe they made that clear when hiring Juho (and Sordo). Relating to Juho´s performance in Portugal might be a rash conclution.

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    I don't if this is the rightnplace (and I don't know if I could start a new thread): Rally Argentina will also count as the second roumd of FIA Codasur Championship and second round of Argentine Championship.

Both events will only run on the first loop of Friday's and Saturday's stages, around 30 minutes after the last WRC2 competitor.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Julian Porter ‏@The_Rally_Guru
    For those of you who didn't see Portugal on ITV4 & hear what Kris Meeke said, here it is - "That's my career over Paul." So hope he's wrong.

There has been some crashes for the newcomers, but I think too that they all deserve to drive a whole season before we judge. MAybe even two.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Citroen seem to have a soft spot for Kris (he is on the entry list for Argentina after all). He has done reasonably well for someone who did not know the last 2 events. When I went the the Australian event last year the whole service park was awash with rumors that Kris was done for after he had 2 rolls. But that did not prove to be the case. As with Rallyper I also think the newcomers need a season or 2 to get more experience.

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post
    Citroen seem to have a soft spot for Kris (he is on the entry list for Argentina after all). He has done reasonably well for someone who did not know the last 2 events. When I went the the Australian event last year the whole service park was awash with rumors that Kris was done for after he had 2 rolls. But that did not prove to be the case. As with Rallyper I also think the newcomers need a season or 2 to get more experience.
    Dont forget that Citroëns WRC team is a part of the marketing department. Kris Meeke is a VERY likable caracter, always with good quotes in the stage end interviews, and creating headlines with his spectacular offs. I think there also is a marketing apsect also in keeping him in the team.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Bouffier (1 event) have more points that Meeke, Prokop too... I like Meeke but the season are starting bad

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I think there is too much drama about this. Of course he will drive the whole season, he is Citroen's 1st driver fater all. I don't know his aims for the season though and he seems very dissapointed now, but wasn't Nagle sick or something in Portugal and that might turned things bad?
    So far his carrer in WRC is not so successful, but he has hardly full season (12-13 Rallies) for several years, right?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 10th April 2014 at 00:31.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI