Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Well R5 was the only way it could really go, even if it might become a bit of a Fiesta fest.

Hopefully Rally Dorset (Formally Rallye Sunseeker) will be included in the calendar. The south really needs more rallying!

Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
    In 2016 we could see R5 Cars available from Ford, Citroen, Peugeot, Skoda, and the usual Evo's and Subaru's,S2000 Cars, R3 Cars, R2 Cars, R1 Cars, Homologated cars 5 year extensions.

So a better range of cars, which will hopefully attract a wide range of Competitors of all ages and experience,. If the format is good enough we should attract more competitors from overseas.

Hopefully this will encourage some manufactures to also consider a return , time will tell.

We await the details of Events that will make up the Championship, but changes must be made to which events are included . Clean sheet of Paper for all.

Looking at 2016 BRC But a lot remains to be sorted, we await more details with interest.

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (22nd April 2015)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    also the Mitsubishi R5 which was at rally day be good to see that out

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Just been confirmed that the 2016 British Rally Championship will feature an RGT class. Great news !

#M-SPORTER

6. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd April 2015),pantealex (22nd April 2015)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Great idea, the kind of move that will help the series grow again.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    A sensible move - cars which are crowd pleasers. However, how many will we see?

Lets hope the BRC becomes a championship worthy of the name. One day 50-60 mile events are not what the BRC should be about.

I was looking at some of the top UK motorsport series; BTCC, British GT, BSB, British Hillclimb, etc and they all seem to be held over the whole weekend; ie 2 day events. The BRC should hopefully be looking at the same.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post

Lets hope the BRC becomes a championship worthy of the name. One day 50-60 mile events are not what the BRC should be about.

I was looking at some of the top UK motorsport series; BTCC, British GT, BSB, British Hillclimb, etc and they all seem to be held over the whole weekend; ie 2 day events. The BRC should hopefully be looking at the same.
    just steve perez be interesting to see a 911 on gravel

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post

Would be amazed to see as many as 5...however suspect that there will be two or three that are well up for.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Looks like it hasn't been mentioned specifically, but in the 23rd April issue of Autosport magazine (UK) they refer to a leaked document that revealed plans for 2016 BRC to have 7 rounds, the calender "filled with events running to a higher profile than last season" (not hard). As above it confirms the RGTs and says that a National Rally Championship, open to "all cars", will run alongside the BRC. Does anyone know if this document is available on the web?

Regarding the RGTs, my hope for the category at least in the short term is that Richard Tuthill can churn out as many 911s as possible. Essentially it could be like a rally version of the Carrera Cup. He's been able to turn out and run a load of cars on the Safari Classic.. Bbviously dealing with the 997 is a different situation, but I'd be interested to know how many cars he'll be able to get out there. Hopefully as many as possible!

Got to agree with AndyRAC too, more than anything personally I hope that these are proper rallies. Surely at least aiming for similar distance/format to ERC rallies is a must if this Championship is going to be respected again? 50-60 mile events are an embarrassment at what should be the pinnacle of UK rallying. I'd like them to aim for 250km, but surely a minimum of 200km is realistic? It'd be inline with the ERC anyway.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (4th May 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I'd like them to aim for 250km, but surely a minimum of 200km is realistic? It'd be inline with the ERC anyway.
    Find them some venues where that kind of stage mileage is achievable, then they might be able to consider it. I think that the admin involved would make it too tricky to get a decent list of events at that distance.