Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    I really hope that this VERY radical approach works

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Honestly, how many people would watch R2 cars on live TV show? In my opinion the way out is only with more spectacular and more expensive cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Surely the new promoter will switch the main class to R5/S2000? It seems inconceivable to me that they'd persist with running R3 as the top class, as surely that move can only be seen as an utter failure? There are people running R5s and S2000 in the UK who would surely be interested in BRC were they the top class?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    All very well, but would this attract (a) the public and (b) media coverage? Somehow I doubt it.
    R2 certainly can't. You need 280hp to attract viewers.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Can somebody inform me why they need so much time to revamp the championship?and one more question because i don't have knowledge of things in the island.exept for the BRC what other options have the drives?i mean for this year and for the next one.please be specific in the answers because as i told i am irrelevant to things in the island.thanks in advance!
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I don't follow the national series so much (except some high profile events such as Epynt) but I would say that there is enough crews competing in national series including lots of very expensive cars. Just check entry list of this years Epynt (part of national asphalt series): http://results.djames.org.uk/results...ntID=298&e=298
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    and one more question because i don't have knowledge of things in the island.exept for the BRC what other options have the drives?i mean for this year and for the next one.please be specific in the answers because as i told i am irrelevant to things in the island.thanks in advance!
    I imagine a good number of them will find their way to the BRTDA series: www.btrdarally.com Those who are junior drivers looking to take a step up the ladder who can afford it will probably move over to the JWRC or the DMACK Fiesta Trophy.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    The BRC is way past its best now so the continuation of the series really doesn't matter now.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Can somebody inform me why they need so much time to revamp the championship?and one more question because i don't have knowledge of things in the island.exept for the BRC what other options have the drives?i mean for this year and for the next one.please be specific in the answers because as i told i am irrelevant to things in the island.thanks in advance!
    There's the BTRDA championship and MSA Asphalt Championship. Both generally have better and more interesting entries than the BRC. Plus entry fees are cheaper, you don't have to spend as much money to be competitive in your class and you have much freer reign on what car you can drive. It's more interesting for spectators too.

As Langdale says the BRC is past it, the MSA would be better off just putting their support behind the BTRDA and throwing in some of the tarmac events.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Any news about BRC 2015(program, rules, drivers programs,...)

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I imagine a good number of them will find their way to the BRTDA series: www.btrdarally.com Those who are junior drivers looking to take a step up the ladder who can afford it will probably move over to the JWRC or the DMACK Fiesta Trophy.
    For juniors should be the best (and cheapest) to go to JERC...

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    Any news about BRC 2015(program, rules, drivers programs,...)
    There will be no BRC in 2015.

My feeling is that it will return in 2016 with R5/S2000 cars as the premier class.