Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Ron Dennis returns to CEO position at McLaren

Ron Dennis has returned to the CEO position at McLaren (also remaining as chairman), and announced his intention of "improving our on-track and off-track performance".

James Allen seems to think it spells the end for Martin Whitmarsh:
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/01/r ... whitmarsh/

On the same day as Bernie's little setback - coincidence?

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

Re: Ron Dennis returns to CEO position at McLaren

Oh dear.

But I do admit, I have greatly missed Ronspeak and am looking forward to more snippets. I am experiencing convictions that lead me to conclude that I am not in solitude in regards to these sentiments, and I assert with a moderate measurement of certainty that we can collectively glean satisfaction from our efforts expended together in formulating translations to the expected communications which will be released for press issue throughout the year, for the purpose of explaining and conveying the continuing goals and motivations of the McLaren group, which will increase the understanding of the aforementioned communications to the public.

I like Martin Whitmarsh and don't want him to go, but then I suppose it was Ron who (micro)managed the team to it's title successes.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

To go off topic, I am concerned about how quiet it is on here. I'm the only registered member online in the F1 section. No-one has come on in the couple of hours I've been in.

I think Jean Todt and co need to take note.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

^^Let me assuage your concerns As much as I object to Ron's rather "conservative" view of what the behavior of his team should be, (even away from the track) the man got results. I can't imagine the team falling as low in performance as it did last year under his leadership.
    The forum has been losing participation for a while. I do know one certain solution to this dilemma; If a truly British team, or pilot is winning races and is really in the hunt for the championship the Anglo/Mafia will come out of the wood work in force. I really do hope that "The Boss" makes a run at the WDC, that will liven things up on this forum. I never thought I would say this, but I am of the mind that anyone but Vettel for the WDC. I actually admire the guy but the RB dominance has reached epic proportions. I'm one of the fans that really don't care for the greatest auto racing competition in the world (my opinion) is dominated by an energy drink company. I realize that is a shallow perspective but I really can't get my head around it.
    Here is to a healthy fight at the top this year!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

We're lurking, rj. It's an abnormally quiet off-season with little or no real news, only the fabricated and rehashed - and I really don't care about Bernie's pending legal stoush, which seems to be the only F1 related news in the past few days.

Roll on Catalunya and the new car debuts!

Yah, it's all been very sad news so far...

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    I never thought I would say this, but I am of the mind that anyone but Vettel for the WDC. I actually admire the guy but the RB dominance has reached epic proportions. I'm one of the fans that really don't care for the greatest auto racing competition in the world (my opinion) is dominated by an energy drink company. I realize that is a shallow perspective but I really can't get my head around it.
    The new rule which call for the use of a single exhaust pipe, should help in eliminating one of Red Bull's major aerodynamic strengths and advantage, over the rest of the field. Hopefully for the upcomig season, Sebastian could also lose an important feature of Red Bull's exhaust system, which had enabled him to accelerate much earlier than any other driver out of slower corners. Watching Vettel just pull away from the rest of the field at the start of a race, maybe coming to and end.

I'm looking forward towards to a new season that will not be dominated, by an energy drink company, and it could happen.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    But I do admit, I have greatly missed Ronspeak and am looking forward to more snippets. I am experiencing convictions that lead me to conclude that I am not in solitude in regards to these sentiments, and I assert with a moderate measurement of certainty that we can collectively glean satisfaction from our efforts expended together in formulating translations to the expected communications which will be released for press issue throughout the year, for the purpose of explaining and conveying the continuing goals and motivations of the McLaren group, which will increase the understanding of the aforementioned communications to the public.
    Very good.

I like Martin Whitmarsh and don't want him to go, but then I suppose it was Ron who (micro)managed the team to it's title successes.
    Yet again we see a team unable to let go of the past. It's a shame to have to go backwards rather than find someone new.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

To go off topic, I am concerned about how quiet it is on here. I'm the only registered member online in the F1 section. No-one has come on in the couple of hours I've been in.

I think Jean Todt and co need to take note.
    Off Topic

I always drift away in the off season. I lose a bit of interest in F1 and need a break. Plus all the changes not appealing to me much. I have been visiting once a week or two only and frequenting other forums during this time. Anyway as Pre Season Testing arrives I am sure I will get the bug again.

Anyway back on Topic.

I think its right Whitmarsh has gone. He has never really moved the team on, however the step backwards to Ron is another mistake. A new fresh forward approach would have been better.

Someone young and new like Christian Horner was at Red Bull. I don't like the guy, but he is leading one hell of a team.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    I'm one of the fans that really don't care for the greatest auto racing competition in the world (my opinion) is dominated by an energy drink company. I realize that is a shallow perspective but I really can't get my head around it.
    I'm with you Taz.

I always feel better when a team with a more racing feel is winning.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy