Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Re: Formula 1 season finale to be worth double points from 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    This would be different if , say , the double points offer came in if the rabbit out front was over a certain number of points ahead .
    That would be contrived .
    Just because something is known before hand does not make it more appealing if the idea itself is completely farcical to begin with.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

It's the same issue as messing with points in the first place to top Schumacher from dominating. It wasn't the points system that changed that, it was the other teams getting their acts together and providing us with a few years of good racing, until Vettel hoved into view that is.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Gosh dj , you do have a way with words .
    "because someone said : 'Y'know this race counts double for no reason.' is not at all accurate , is it ?
    The reason is to try to disadvantage a rabbit from getting the crown too early .
    I think that's pretty clear .

I can agree that an extra challenge would be nice , to further justify the extra points , but I don't feel it's essential .

Whereas you would condone the same situation , with a Maldonado T-bone and all , if the race was simply longer ?

Would you have as much hatred for the idea if the race that was worth double points was the first race of the season ?
    Yes I would. All 19 races are the same. So they should all pay the same amount of points. Arbitrarily 'modifying' one of them is American Wrestling, not Formula 1.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

In order to justify the double points the final race should be twice as long
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    This would have been acceptable to me. Even 3-hours long would be enough. However, I am afraid this is not possible without refueling.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts

Sure it's possible. The cars get about double the fuel mileage when running behind the safety car. So as long as the cars stay below about 80kph they should be able to make it. Then we'll really have the eco-runs that dj has been posting about all year.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Sure it's possible. The cars get about double the fuel mileage when running behind the safety car. So as long as the cars stay below about 80kph they should be able to make it. Then we'll really have the eco-runs that dj has been posting about all year.
    I have always maintained that F1 should seriously consider an unrestricted format – engine, chassis, tires, aero… whatever – but mandate a serious maximum limit of available fuel per team per race weekend; perhaps half of what is consumed today.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke

I have always maintained that F1 should seriously consider an unrestricted format – engine, chassis, tires, aero… whatever – but mandate a serious maximum limit of available fuel per team per race weekend; perhaps half of what is consumed today.
    I've said the same thing many times: present the teams with a box into which their car must fit, and a set of rigorous crash tests and safety measures which they must pass. Give them a fixed amount of fuel (which would reduce by a few % each season), and which they can supplement with any means they see fit such as energy recovery, solar cells, turbochargers - hell, even mount a fan the size of a dustbin lid on the back of the car, or fit six wheels, you never know, it might catch on!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Given where it's to be held, half as long might be better

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

This ridiculous idea will be ditched for something else ... surely!?! We can't just let them ruin this 'sport' but what can we do to stop them?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!