Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    every year the same stupid story... mentally handicapped people worrying about no snow and no ice months before the rally starts.... you guys failed physics in school or something ??? it only takes a week of so for snow and ice to form a nice layer on the stages...so please start worrying when the events gets closer.
    I admit the world is changing, both the winters and the experts on it!
    When we were with the kids in Austria a few years ago and they went ski shools, the instructors were all...... Brits and Danes!!! The typical ski instructor for you!!!!

And here we see a brit/ or greek person trying to learn the world on both winter and physics, and that is as it should be....

But just a few small examples to explain my point.
    There will be many snowrallies in the Nordic countries that will be cancelled in the weeks to come. Why; slush conditions, and the club arranging it can not afford the repair of the smashed gravel roads. Rally Sweden is probably insured for that kind of slush-rally.

When I lived up north and drove snowmobiles and the snow came before the sub zero periode, we would be very wet and cold when crossing streams, rivers and lakes. Why, the snow acts like insulation towards the ground. It stops the water from freezing over for a long time.
    We even used snow to showel it on the lower parts of the house, to make it warmer inside... A lot of air in dry snow.

So, for Rally Sweden that has jumped the saga of driving each stage two times, there is a huge difference of having 50-100 cm depth of hard-frozen ground under the snow/ice or just mud-slush. The first 3 cars will eat through the ice sole and down into the mud. Being number 77 on first run, or number 1 on run number 2 will be a challenge, especially in a 2wd car!
    That is why it is important to have frost periode first, to avoid the mudhell it soon will become.

That physics lesson might seem strange, but is based on 50 seasons of more or less good winter. Some of these winter have been spent on learning UKs finest soldiers how to survive in winter conditions. Some times scaring them and the US Marines with scary stories of the exremely dangerous SnowSnake crwling the Norwegian snow banks during night night.....

So lets hope for a few cold weeks soon!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Re: Rally Sweden 2014

blah blah blah and more pointless blah blah each and every year... just like the 4 year olds like to hear the same story before going to bed.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

N.O.T. - you should listen to Sulland whhat he tries to say:

Like the innuites have over 20 different words for snow of different kinds, there are maybe 20 ways of having the surface of a gravel winter road. Some of them are not good, as Sulland says. Even there is one meter snowbanks beside the roads.

Best way is frosty weather for a period then snow that will be packed by wheels from many vehicels. Then a period of temperature above zero, so that the packed snow can transform to ice, with following zerodegrees.

Now you have the surface saved and also preservable for warm weather for a couple of days (depending on humidity in the air).

After that just wait for more snow and the snowbanks will appear...

At the moment, no matter what, none of the above has appeared, six weeks before RS.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Re: WRC-2 season 2013

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    blah blah blah and more pointless blah blah each and every year... just like the 4 year olds like to hear the same story before going to bed.
    They dont get much cuter than this do they, I have missed you NOT!

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts

We hope to be returning to Sweden again, pray for snow!
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simorally86
    Anybody knows where is the jump at the start of this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx9z6UucPFU
    It's at spectator point 4 at Fredriksberg just walk 300m to the right if you are coming down from the north, didn't try the road coming from the south. Just before what looks like a 90 degree left on the map. It specified if it's road parking or parking spaces in the magazine this year btw
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

The warm weather is expected to continue according to this article.
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18084601.ab

However long term forecasts usually aren't that reliable.

Snow depth map:
    http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    It's at spectator point 4 at Fredriksberg just walk 300m to the right if you are coming down from the north, didn't try the road coming from the south. Just before what looks like a 90 degree left on the map. It specified if it's road parking or parking spaces in the magazine this year btw
    Thank you very much!
    On the website of the rally i can see only the overall map....to see the single stage map, have i to buy the Rally Magazine?
    Because i drawn all the stages on Google maps, but i can't see spectator points, parking etc......

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Thank you very much!
    On the website of the rally i can see only the overall map....to see the single stage map, have i to buy the Rally Magazine?
    Because i drawn all the stages on Google maps, but i can't see spectator points, parking etc......
    If I remember it correctly some stage info will be published on the website as well
    but the info is not as detailed as the info in the rally magazine.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    Thank you very much!
    The jump is where you have two squares (houses) in the middle of the picture, lake on the other side of the road. Or just at the road coming from the south.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net