Page 126 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1389
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts

Re: Rally Sweden 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I can understand your disappointment for Tidemand. But if you were just a bit more professional in your judgements you wouldnīt say that.
    Many things played a role. He had much testing in totally different conditions in an other car. He then wanted same setup in the car M-Sport delivered and got it, but the very different conditions in RS made his setup not working at all. And everyone driving a rallycar knows what it means when you donīt trust the performance of the car.
    Thus that heīd done a clean run and fighted on. Last leg today he got a rear diff which he might should have had all weekend and the times where far better.
    Remmber this was his second rally in a WRC car.
    As said he didnīt do any mistakes and being 7th in this competition and very difficult rally is something Tidemand did a good job.
    Yes, I know all this factors. I was not expecting he will win. But I was expecting he will be faster than Henning.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

I can understand your disappointment for Tidemand. But if you were just a bit more professional in your judgements you wouldnīt say that.
    Many things played a role. He had much testing in totally different conditions in an other car. He then wanted same setup in the car M-Sport delivered and got it, but the very different conditions in RS made his setup not working at all. And everyone driving a rallycar knows what it means when you donīt trust the performance of the car.
    Thus that heīd done a clean run and fighted on. Last leg today he got a rear diff which he might should have had all weekend and the times where far better.
    As said he didnīt do any mistakes and being 7th in this competition and very difficult rally is something Tidemand did a good job.
    I agree with you Per. Tidemand did show that he is able to push without going over the limit and he is still
    a very inexperienced driver at this level. if you look at what driver he has in front of him...
    well they're not exactly rookies they all have many years experience of WRC cars.

@pluto well the difference between them is that Henning is much more experienced and
    also I would say that was henning that was faster then expected rather then Pontus being slow.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I have every right to be dissapointed. Liike PLuto, I know all these facts. But comparing the last year, I saw nothing from that flamboyant drive, maximum attack- attitude and not single top stage time. And that is why I'm dissapointed. However, it's understandable when you're building Your career. I just like those better to burn out than fade away style- drivers. Still, absolutely no disrespect to young Tidemand!
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mm1
    Have seen all your other posts on this thread, so don't see a reason to argue with you.
    well, my answer was written according to your ignorace level, when you were following your hero's f1 related speech towards kubica,
    it was as disrespectful as ostberg's behaviour towards kubica when he called him for instance 'stupid', for sure didn't deserve it,
    it wasn't the behaviour you expect from professional rally driver, well perhaps he's afraid of an uexperienced guy who bits his ass on tarmac in MC debut
    frankly speaking I notice norwegian a bit too sensitive about their driver, even last year when meeke had to drive around 30 seconds behind novikov, he didn't behave so unprofessional as ostberg (screams, offending others, swearing), comparing to around 3 seconds delay caused by kubica, with second kubica's 'crash' he was warned by spectators but he didn't slow down, he behaved as dangerous as prokop the day before.

anyway good drive of latvala, he trully deserved it! hopefully this season won't as last one and he will manage to fight with ogier for the championship

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my verdict is that VW is the car to beat... They won 20 out of 24 stages with Ostberg and Hirvonen beeing snow experts... It may be possible that they will win all round this year. Only Kubica might put some pressure in tarmac ( Germany or Spain)

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GINE
    Only Kubica might put some pressure in tarmac ( Germany or Spain)
    No.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GINE
    my verdict is that VW is the car to beat... They won 20 out of 24 stages with Ostberg and Hirvonen beeing snow experts... It may be possible that they will win all round this year. Only Kubica might put some pressure in tarmac ( Germany or Spain)
    You know I would say that Mikkelsen and Latvala is just as much snow experts as Hirvonen and Östberg.
    After all this was Latvala 3rd victory in the Swedish rally but sure the Polo is most likely the best car.

However I wouldn't rule out Ford and Citroen just yet.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

I enjoyed the best WRC entry list Rally for God know how much time, and these days what I read here is only complains and overestimated biased comments for this and that driver.
    1) VW were making some (stupid) orders and we poor fans think we're watching some competition - I don't believe any of this. I don't think they ever done that this and previous years. They just don't need to. The clear statement is: "We allow our drivers to compete freely, just to make sure they finish the event". Latvala and Mikkelsen just proved that. May be it is just possible some drivers to learn to some discipline, don't you think? Why would you need team orders then, when the 3rd driver is brething in your neck?
    2) Kubica is bad to worse. Well this Rally probably somehow landed him on the ground a bit, probably not. Obviously he had very hard time here, at least finished somehow with the help of lot a spectators, he must buy them all a beer. Little in his defence probably is that this year's conditions were probably worst in this Rally. I find his driving style little risky anyway. But that's just it, he is nice addition to the championship though, probably I hate only the youtube videos flood of some claiming his fans, you can find decent video very hard.
    3) Ostberg almost "killed" a specator, insulted Kubica. Well, the first Kubica off probably pissed him enough. He was just passing Kubica, while he decided to go ahead of him. May be Kubica knew, may be not. His claim was that he didn't have enough road to let him pass, on the footage I saw at least 1 such place 100m before he actually did it. On second Kubica off, probably he had to slow down a bit, no excuses for that (anyway it is primary concern for the spectators to take care of themselves), chasing both VW was very difficult yes and Kubica already pissed him once, but nothing would justify a tragedy, lets hope this never happen.

Probably I also can't say something positive of Hyunday either. Yes some speed ocasionally, but far from endurance part in this sport. Tidemand also dissapointed me a bit, after last year's performance expected lot more from him, at least top 5 (with Ogier in it).

Well, the positives go to all VW team, even Ogier. He is just human, makes mistakes too, only the big ones though admit theirs, Latvala & Mikkelsen - excellent fight, we the fans hope to see lot more of it in the future; Tanak - excellent performance and not "losing his head" chasing Hirvonen at any cost; H. Solberg had great performance too, nice for a driver who drivers for fun only.

I think that's it, may be I missed something or someone, let them forgive me, those are the highlights I think. I rest my case for Sweden.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts