Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex 24

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Rolex 24

Remember when we couldn't figure out how the DP's would keep up with the LMP2 cars?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yup, they kept talking about how they needed to make the DP's faster but they went overboard and also slowed down the LMP's too much. I really hope this isn't a preview of the rest of the season. Daytona is a fast track. If the DP's are still dominating like this at twistier tracks like Sebring and Long Beach than i'm afraid the United SportsCar Championship is gonna be dead before it even had a chance… (For ALMS fans at least…)
    Phil Hill - 1961
    Mario Andretti -1978

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pcal226
    Yup, they kept talking about how they needed to make the DP's faster but they went overboard and also slowed down the LMP's too much. I really hope this isn't a preview of the rest of the season. Daytona is a fast track. If the DP's are still dominating like this at twistier tracks like Sebring and Long Beach than i'm afraid the United SportsCar Championship is gonna be dead before it even had a chance… (For ALMS fans at least…)
    This is the first race of season, so some adjustments will be made inevitably. Besides, DPs were built to do well on r-ovals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is the first race of season, so some adjustments will be made inevitably. Besides, DPs were built to do well on r-ovals.
    Ya, but I feel like the fact that only one LMP (#6 Muscle Milk) was even sort of in contention ( finished 3 laps down. Next highest LMP was 17 laps down.) is sort of a problem. Like I said, i'm just afraid that they over compensated when they sped up the DP's and slowed down the LMP's. Are they allowed to change the technical regulations mid-season if there appears to be too much of a gap?
    Phil Hill - 1961
    Mario Andretti -1978