Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'm upgrading! got some remuneration and Im finally well enough (barely in both my knee and thumb/hand), to ride (sick of driving my truck) and financially compelled to make a decision post haste as to which Streetfighter to make a snap decisions and just get.
    Ducati 848
    MV Agusta 675 Brutale
    Triumph 675 III
    Apilia just like I had but new and really white!!
    What saeth ye?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQM51XfMFMc
    Sweet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFQuo5fPRVc
    Ditto
    May the forza be with you

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I'm upgrading! got some remuneration and Im finally well enough (barely in both my knee and thumb/hand), to ride (sick of driving my truck) and financially compelled to make a decision post haste as to which Streetfighter to make a snap decisions and just get.
    Ducati 848
    MV Agusta 675 Brutale
    Triumph 675 III
    Apilia just like I had but new and really white!!
    What saeth ye?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQM51XfMFMc
    Sweet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFQuo5fPRVc
    Ditto
    I'm probably going to go with the Aprilia if it is available in white in the US. More displacement and atnd has a V-twin, very solid and compact. Mind you the Aprilla is an 11:1 compression ratio, which belive me from my totalled limited experience with later generation bikes that is a lot of freahin comprtession fitting almost perfectly. The MV Agusta is freakin a 13:1 compression ratio, that's insane! Pluussss the 750 Aprilia has the single sided swing arm rear suspenstion. Plus MV and eveeryone else copied Aprilia's gas tank in 2007 and they are still using it. I want my MTV

My bike before I was violated

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Re: GOT CLOCKED PRETTY WELL BY SOME mORON WHILE RIDING MY SC

It's your money, but personally I would base my decision more on what type of riding you do than anything else.

It seems you aren't dead set on a "naked" bike, but really with modern day sport fairings being fairly efficient it might be a factor based on the type of riding you do and how you fit the various bikes.

With the bikes you are looking at, I'd say most looking at those choices would be more inclined to a subjective point of view which is hard to pin down. When you get such a good group of bikes, it comes down to the little things and preference most of the time.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

A Ducati could make for a nice tattoo on the other side , sizzler .

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Two things that really worry me about driving in the States;
    1) Why is it not a law that all motorbike and scooter riders should wear a Helmet ?I get passed at terrific speeds by guys on sporty fast bikes ,they have shorts on ,flip flops ,a flimsy t shirt ! Where is all the protective gear in case of an accident ?
    2) Teenagers get their provisional at 15 or 15 and a half .They pass a Theory test and can then learn with their parents or a teacher from school.The teacher has no qualifications to teach.When he/ she feels they are ready then they take a test.And the school teacher ,who took them out to practice then Tests them in the same car,on the same routes,and issues a pass token to them .Surely this system could be corrupt ,and sex could be offered as a sweetener for a pass !Or am I missing something here ?
    Hope you make a very speedy recovery,and you were protected clothes wise,scooters can be repaired ,body's not always back to the previous condition .No broken bones but your first accident can be a warning !
    Please take care

Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    1) Why is it not a law that all motorbike and scooter riders should wear a Helmet ?I get passed at terrific speeds by guys on sporty fast bikes ,they have shorts on ,flip flops ,a flimsy t shirt ! Where is all the protective gear in case of an accident ?
    2) Teenagers get their provisional at 15 or 15 and a half .They pass a Theory test and can then learn with their parents or a teacher from school.The teacher has no qualifications to teach.When he/ she feels they are ready then they take a test.And the school teacher ,who took them out to practice then Tests them in the same car,on the same routes,and issues a pass token to them .Surely this system could be corrupt ,and sex could be offered as a sweetener for a pass !Or am I missing something here ?
    Hope you make a very speedy recovery,and you were protected clothes wise,scooters can be repaired ,body's not always back to the previous condition .No broken bones but your first accident can be a warning !
    Please take care
    Driveace,

1) Helmet laws are the decision of each state. Some have them, some don't. Only a couple of states allow riders of all ages to not use helmets.

2) Once again varies by state. I know the areas I have lived in have tests administered by the state, and never by an instructor. I personally feel that driving tests in the US are far too easy for the most part.

On a side note, when I was in the military most bases required a motorcycle safety course that was much more difficult than any state test I've heard of or taken myself. I think all driver training regardless of vehicle should at least include some more in depth experiences, including a skid pad, emergency actions, etc. There are far too many crappy drivers in this country.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

A couple things:

Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Many states have helmet laws for motorcycles. The states that don't just prefer to let Darwin's Theory work unencumbered.
    You're correct here, the bar to a license is too low. Though, once again, it varies by state and not all allow the teacher to give the practical test. Some states only give a provisional license until you're eighteen when you do pass the test.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

I'd bet Taz was wearing both leathers and lid when he was wiped .

I remember a trip to the hospital , getting stitches for some crazy antics of my own , listening to the pebbles dropping in the stainless pan from the next bed , as they picked them from a shorts wearing road rash victim's thigh . Those were the sounds in between the screams .

Cool Let's Ride Brothers!

Of course I was wearing helmet, gloves, boots, Levis, and my leather jacket.
    I may be a nut, but I'm not insane

Helmets are manadatory for all motor driven cycles in the great state of California, and have been for many years.

BTW I'm finaly felling fit enough to ride again, and today I made the down payment on my new bike, which I shall be taking possession of within a week.

I decided to go with a 2014 MV Agusta 675 Brutale, exactly like this one:

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/motorcycles/brutale-675/

Let's ride

Great choice Taz. I saw one of these the other day, and it's a tight looking bike. And these days the power coming out of those things is getting more in line with that of the bigger bikes. But it should be fun to fling around, and be a great canyon carver.