Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraq

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Iraq

Seems like we (UK and USA) should have left well alone there, Saddam wouldn't have stood for this nonsense.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    The country is unable to defend itself even against a group of warlocks.

Well done Dubya.
    Last edited by odykas; 12th June 2014 at 11:40.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Seems like we (UK and USA) should have left well alone there, Saddam wouldn't have stood for this nonsense.
    Inclined to agree.

Only a matter of time before the same thing happens in Afghanistan.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    We should have listened to the French in the U freain' N Security Council. Let me, with the assistance of wiki recap:

On 20 January 2003, Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin said, "We think that military intervention would be the worst possible solution," Villepin went on to say that he believed the presence of UN weapons inspectors had frozen Iraq's weapons programs. France also suggested that it would veto any resolution allowing military intervention offered by the US or Britain. The most important French speech during the crisis was made by De Villepin at the Security Council on the 14 February 2003, after Hans Blix presented his detailed report. De Villepin detailed the three major risks of a "premature recourse to the military option", especially the "incalculable consequences for the stability of this scarred and fragile region". He said that "the option of war might seem a priori to be the swiftest, but let us not forget that having won the war, one has to build peace". He emphasized that "real progress is beginning to be apparent" through the inspections, and that, "given the present state of our research and intelligence, in liaison with our allies", the alleged links between al-Qaeda and the regime in Baghdad explained by Colin Powell were not established. This "impassioned" speech "against war on Iraq, or immediate war on Iraq", won "an unprecedented applause", reported the BBC's Sir David Frost (BBC News). Britain and the US sharply criticized France for this position in March 2003
    Thanks Dubya Administration, and Blair should have grown a set.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    We don't need to go again ,the world need to realize how extreme the Taliban and Al Quida are

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    If I recall Saddam was Sunni so here comes his guys - shooting and killing
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    we have to stay out of the war business because we have forgotten how to WIN and I mean the western world including the EU. It started in Nam and has gotten worse as the world violence increases. The cesspool will continue to grown until it implodes. The big answer here is don't have children as we have destroyed the earth. Children don't deserve what we are leaving them.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy View Post
    Yes which was the basis of his war against Iran. But now there's a Shia government in Iraq and it's just been reported that Iranian troops have crossed the border in support of their Shia brethren.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odykas View Post
    The country is unable to defend itself even against a group of warlocks.

Well done Dubya.
    My opinion has always been that the only reason we were in Iraq is so Bush the junior could prove that he had bigger ones than Bush the senior.

Afghanistan I pretty much supported because that was a direct link to the 9/11 business. One of the reasons, IMO, than Afghanistan is turning out badly is that we took our eye off the ball and diverted so many resources to Iraq we never were able to do a proper job.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy View Post
    A supposedly liberated and reorganized by the US country, cannot defend itself against a bunch of rebels.

Great achievement don't you think?