Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Ecclestone: Alonso wanted to leave Ferrari

Well, I just came across this in Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111706.

I'd like to know your opinion. Personally, I think this is just Bernie blowing things out of proportion. Of course Alonso must have been looking for a B plan just if, but I don't really buy that Alonso actually wanted to leave Ferrari. Who knows...

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Re: Ecclestone: Alonso wanted to leave Ferrari

It isn't really surprising that proven world champions don't want to see their years wasted in inferior cars.

Problem is that while 1 team is clearly ahead of the game, there is no better option out there.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts

Fernando often has made choices based upon emotion. Not always have they served him well. I'm sure he's learning from his past decisions. I'm also sure that he will stay at Ferrari in 2014, but would not bet against him making a move to McLaren in '15. If Ferrari cannot provide him with a more competitive car and actually continue to develop throughout the year, why stay? Let Kimi help Ferrari develop a championship car. Lol
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Partly i agree with Bernie. In the latter part of this year alonso was not a happy man that was obvious and he faded away in the standings. I think that both Alonso and LDM has had enough of each other for different reasons. Ferrari have to deliver a very good car next year or Alonso will leave.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

I think it's possible Bernie is right, even though I think he should have kept his mouth shut as far as public opinions go.

It seems Ferrari are capable of sucking the motivation out of drivers, and they do it on a regular basis. They need to focus on the car and quit acting as if drivers can take a pig to the podium all the time.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Bernie proves once again how trustworthy he is then.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Actually Bernie is a man of his word from what I know. If he makes a promise, he keeps it, he is old school and his word is his bond.

What you don't want though is to get on his bad side. Many people have learnt that the hard way
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

I have very little respect for Bernie as it is, so he can blab about personal conversations all he wants. Hopefully this corruption case will force him out of the sport for good. He's had his time, made his money and alienated fans with his greed. Good bye Bernie, make it quick!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

On other blogs theres speculation that he already will be in MacLaren for next year, replacing Button. Well time will tell us.

Anyway, Bernie got a point.