Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Scottish Independence

I remember a thread with this title was one of the last threads posted on the old vbulletin forum back in December 2006!

But it's now finally coming to pass with detailed proposals being laid out today for the referendum in September 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-25088251
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Looks like Scotland will be switching to driving on the right
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ce-road-scheme

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Looks like Scotland will be switching to driving on the right
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ce-road-scheme

Well you know right is right.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Teehee
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    will this lower the price of single malt scotch ?? if so I'm in!!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Unhappy

Based soley on what I see and experience with my particular line of work supporting the welfare system in Scotland and dealing with a large percentage of the unemployed who have never worked a day in their lives, nor ever have had any intention to, I have real concerns that an independent Scotland would very quickly descend into a downward spiral and the cost of living would escalate through the roof. Why? Because other than some poxy short term North see oil we literally have nothing, no solid core base of industry on which to build. How would/could we support ourselves with the way things are currently? On one hand this would give this country the kick in the @rse it needs but it would bring it to its knees in the process.

It pains me to say this but for such a long time through rife unemployment and the labour government scottish vote winning welfare system, we have to a very large extent become a nation of welfare supported work dodgers, who to a large extent have been living out of Englands pockets... no wonder they want shot of us!

Maybe it's time I changed my job as dealing with scum who incidentally are largely better off than I am, scum who sit on their butts all day receiving handouts that are expected and they "have rights" to receive, that all of us (Working Brits) have to pay for in extortionate taxes has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
    I consider myself more of a realist than nationalist and sadly have very little pride in my country any more. I'll be voting 'No' at the referendum and if in the unlikely event we do win independance, I'll emigrate.. to England.
    Last edited by Zico; 2nd April 2014 at 23:26.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

7. Likes: driveace (15th August 2014)
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Based soley on what I see and experience with my particular line of work supporting the welfare system in Scotland and dealing with a large percentage of the unemployed who have never worked a day in their lives, nor ever have had any intention to, I have real concerns that an independent Scotland would very quickly descend into a downward spiral and the cost of living would escalate through the roof. Why? Because other than some poxy short term North see oil we literally have nothing, no solid core base of industry on which to build. How would/could we support ourselves with the way things are currently? On one hand this would give this country the kick in the @rse it needs but it would bring it to its knees in the process.

It pains me to say this but for such a long time through rife unemployment and the labour government scottish vote winning welfare system, we have to a very large extent become a nation of welfare supported work dodgers, who to a large extent have been living out of Englands pockets... no wonder they want shot of us!

Maybe it's time I changed my job as dealing with scum who incidentally are largely better off than I am, scum who sit on their butts all day receiving handouts that are expected and they "have rights" to receive, that all of us (Working Brits) have to pay for in extortionate taxes has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
    I consider myself more of a realist than nationalist and sadly have very little pride in my country any more. I'll be voting 'No' at the referendum and if in the unlikely event we do win independance, I'll emigrate.. to England.
    To be fair you can see that both ways. Personally I think being an independent nation would mean Scotland would improve, because it has to, as there's no subsidy coming from the rUK.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wonder how many people in that community believe in this garbage. Every Scot I have met, and there are many , can't stand the division and visceral hatred being elicited by these fringe troglodytes.

please correct me when I say that these same friends stated that Rangers fans, in order to see games at he weekend instead of having to go to Timbuktu in order to see Rangers play Raith Rover (div 1?) are traveling to Dundee

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey, who owns the Shetland Islands?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco View Post
    Hey, who owns the Shetland Islands?
    The Shetland Islands are part of Scotland. They even send a member to the Scottish Parliament.
    They were part of a dowry paid by Christian I in 1469, against his daughter Margaret who got married to James II (of Scotland).
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!