Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Donkies of the 2013 Season

Another something to keep us entertained in the off season.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Re: Donkies of the 2013 Season

Drivers that have disappointed me in 2013.

Mark Webber - Despite the car, he couldn't match Seb really and finished only 3rd in the Championship. Despite how good Seb has been, Mark should have finished second this year.

Felipe Massa - Another poor season for him even against Alonso and so gets a vote for me.

Teams that have disappointed:

Ferrari - Another poor car and left Alonso to battle just to score some podiums.
    McLaren - Terrible Car. A season a no podiums.
    Williams - Another shocker of a car and only got better after removing parts.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Basically everyone except RBR and Seb get my vote.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Basically everyone except RBR and Seb get my vote.
    The teams certainly were made to look like Donkey's by not designing a car that could even see Red Bull most of the season.

A bit harsh on the drivers though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Maybe but there are some drivers that deserve the mantle of donkeys too
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Absolutely. See above a few posts.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

2013 OVERALL DONKEY PODIUM

3rd: Williams - *sighs* Well I guess it was too good to last, and it was back down to earth with a bump. How it is possible to put together a season probably worse than 2011 I don't know. But there were reasons for this: Senior people had left the team causing much disruption. Despite the PDVSA (Pretty Darn Vast Savings Account) contribution, the team could still do with more cash. There was also the sad loss of Sir Frank Williams' wife before the start of the season. But they did improve in the end and were able to show glimpses of 2012 form. All this leads me to take it much easier on Williams than otherwise would be the case.

=2nd: Helmut Marko - because he just is. I feel it is primarily because of the Doc's influence that Seb does have this horrible streak to him. He also, as usual, made crackpot declarations through the year. Try this most recent quote for example:

"My Sebby is better than Hamilton and Rosberg, COMBINED! And that's a fact!" He belligerently boomed.
    The reasoning for this is that Seb did score more points than the Mercedes drivers put together, but you don't have to be Adrian Newey to understand the flawed reasoning to that.

On another note, I would like to see a televised debate between Dr Marko and Garry Walker. I think I might pay to watch that.

=2nd: Pastor Maldonado - The 2nd step of the podium is shared with another complete fruitcake who made some ill-advised, not to mention slightly insane declarations recently. He also seems to have a sense of entitlement that suddenly makes Paul di Resta quite endearing. It seems he will grab that Lotus drive, which just goes to show there is no justice in F1.

1st: Go on, guess...

Well it's no surprise that the presigious award for Donkey of the Year goes to everyone's favourite Woking based F1 Team - McLaren. Words fail us, though plenty has been said. Basically this was one of the most absurd displays of ineptitude for a long time, up there with the BAR debacle of 1999 I'd say. Congrats, and thanks for messing up my FGP Season.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Good posts and points Rj.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Drivers that have fallen short.
    None really, if I was being picky I would single out Mark Webber, but this is really not fair as he didn't do anything wrong, he was simply not a match fore Vettel, although I do wish he would learn how to start a race

Teams that have not impressed.
    This is a different story.
    McLaren win with a totally horrid car, giving neither driver a chance to be competitive, then to cap it off, waiting until after moost seats have been filled or have drivers basically penciled in before ditching Perez. C'mon McLaren if you had given a decent car he could have scored podiums and possibly even challenged for wins.
    Williams finish second, after a great 2012 when they truly looked likely to move back towards the front, this year was a disaster, the car was a dog and I don't really blame Maldonardo in getting frustrated and opting out.
    Caterham and Marussia. equal third. It has now been 4 seasons, and these two are still pottering around at the back, getting in the way.

Other things.
    In NZ we had the BBC commentary. I got totally sick and tired of the head muppet conistently referring to Caterham and Marrusia as the 'Young TEams' as if this could justify their fourth season with nothing to show apart from finishing last all the time.

The continued manipulation of the rules to give a false dog and pony show, including mandating that Pirelli build crappy tires, the use of silly artificial things such as DRS, this system wouldn'y be quite as bad if the drivers where allowed to use it when they chose to.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

McLaren for the above-mentioned horrendous backward step and for the above-mentioned ditching of a young, promising driver for a younger driver who may or may not be promising at F1 level (because promise at lower formulas isn't necessarily going to translate). Fair go, he may do well - but rather ditch Button who certainly has a short sell-by date. Also the FIA for making the rules more and more convoluted, contrived and restricting.