Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Re: Donkey of Brazil

Race Stewards.....for penalizing Hamilton with a drive through, instead for what was an obvious race incident.

Valtteri Bottas.......if he thought that he was racing Lewis for position when he said, " first of all I didn't know that I was one lap behind him, I thought we were racing."

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2

Well this is not the first time that LH has done this. He should have been aware of where the Williams was and given it more space. He drove like our typical woman drivers over here do, turn right slightly before turning left, what was he thinking!
    Well, perhaps. But do you think Bottas would have made the pass on the outside at that corner? I doubt it, and Lewis - no doubt - suspected this, and clearly was not expecting the Williams to be there. Bottas was not on the circuit edge, so he had room too.........
    I think airshifter summed it up perfectly
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    I could be wrong , but as I recall , there was only roughly a tire width or slightly more , as far as the room goes beside him .

I suppose he could have used that much space , but no more , as the white lines into the braking zone are a wee tad slippery .
    I don't think that would have felt like a lot of room to spare beside him , and since he had ventured into that space undoubtedly hoping Lewis had seen him , likely would have felt a little squeezed to begin with .

Clearly , though Bottas had his fronts ahead of Lewis's sidepods , given that the rears came together , he mustn't have seen him , as I don't think Lewis would ever swerve out to scare him at those speeds .
    In fact , had he seen him , the more likely reaction would have been to swerve away , to avoid collision .

As it was , though , it sure looked like Lewis was responsible for moving over , however slightly , and for causing the collision .
    A very measured and mature view of the incident
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One things for sure, we here on the forum with less information could make better decisions than the stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    One things for sure, we here on the forum with less information could make better decisions than the stewards.
    Can't argue with that

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Would you want the job , Mr. Potato ?

Me , I prefer my comfy couch , where I can yell at my TV if I care to .

They'd have to pay me some good money before I'd want to put up with the agro from the fans of the local favourite if the call doesn't go their way .
    And , let's not forget the million$ at stake .

Couch it is .

I would be open to offers , though , Bernie .

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

I'd give it a go. I'm sure they get their travel and accommodation expenses paid and all the hospitality they can drink.

That last bit might explain some of the decisions.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Shoot me down but why is everyone saying Hammy? Yes he moved over but clearly wasn't looking in the mirror, i doubt he was expecting a lapped Williams using DRS to come along side. He was never going to pass around the outside so should have stayed back. I'm not a big LH fan but i just don't understand the views on this. Maybe because i watch too much touring cars and the rules are very different.
    Well this is not the first time that LH has done this. He should have been aware of where the Williams was and given it more space. He drove like our typical woman drivers over here do, turn right slightly before turning left, what was he thinking!

Please tell me more about women drivers ...
    Y'know I often wondered what this forum would look like if all the decent intelligent people left and only the most obnoxious turds stayed, guess I know now.
    Hang in there you'll be a moderator in a year or so.
    xxx.
    -Sent from a computer using my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune
    Shoot me down but why is everyone saying Hammy? Yes he moved over but clearly wasn't looking in the mirror, i doubt he was expecting a lapped Williams using DRS to come along side. He was never going to pass around the outside so should have stayed back. I'm not a big LH fan but i just don't understand the views on this. Maybe because i watch too much touring cars and the rules are very different.

Please tell me more about women drivers ...
    Y'know I often wondered what this forum would look like if all the decent intelligent people left and only the most obnoxious turds stayed, guess I know now.
    Hang in there you'll be a moderator in a year or so.
    xxx.
    You don't know our woman drivers! Especially the ones driving huge Merc S500's that they can't see over the dashboard of! It's scary driving over here, you just have to look at our deaths on the road every year, one of the worst in the world per capita only behind countries like India