Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Re: Donkey of Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Donkeys:

Maldonado - Turning in on Vergne and turning right in front of other cars.
    This looks like a racing incident to me. Maldonado had the racing line. My understanding of the racing etiquette is that the car that's diving on the inside should back off unless its nose is already ahead.
    I agree. Nothing more than a racing incident. Could have been avoided, but this is racing!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Don't say things like that round here Henners. Most have Hamilton as sole Donkey and think he's a danger.
    lol well I'm just glad the season is over, I've no interest in debating that incident as it fades into insignificance really

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shoot me down but why is everyone saying Hammy? Yes he moved over but clearly wasn't looking in the mirror, i doubt he was expecting a lapped Williams using DRS to come along side. He was never going to pass around the outside so should have stayed back. I'm not a big LH fan but i just don't understand the views on this. Maybe because i watch too much touring cars and the rules are very different.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    Shoot me down but why is everyone saying Hammy? Yes he moved over but clearly wasn't looking in the mirror, i doubt he was expecting a lapped Williams using DRS to come along side. He was never going to pass around the outside so should have stayed back. I'm not a big LH fan but i just don't understand the views on this. Maybe because i watch too much touring cars and the rules are very different.
    And if the Williams had got by, a few more corners and out come the blue flags. Not an intentional coming together, but worthy of a penalty? Debatable I guess.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hammy got his penalty by the way of the flat tyre, why penalize him further.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    Well this is not the first time that LH has done this. He should have been aware of where the Williams was and given it more space. He drove like our typical woman drivers over here do, turn right slightly before turning left, what was he thinking!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2

Well this is not the first time that LH has done this. He should have been aware of where the Williams was and given it more space. He drove like our typical woman drivers over here do, turn right slightly before turning left, what was he thinking!
    Well, perhaps. But do you think Bottas would have made the pass on the outside at that corner? I doubt it, and Lewis - no doubt - suspected this, and clearly was not expecting the Williams to be there. Bottas was not on the circuit edge, so he had room too.........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2

Well, perhaps. But do you think Bottas would have made the pass on the outside at that corner? I doubt it, and Lewis - no doubt - suspected this, and clearly was not expecting the Williams to be there. Bottas was not on the circuit edge, so he had room too.........

But it really shouldn't matter if the pass could be made. Bottas had a right to be there and by regs did not have to yield other than to leave room. There was room until Lewis turned out on him, and at that point it's not as if Bottas had any time to react really.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

I could be wrong , but as I recall , there was only roughly a tire width or slightly more , as far as the room goes beside him .

I suppose he could have used that much space , but no more , as the white lines into the braking zone are a wee tad slippery .
    I don't think that would have felt like a lot of room to spare beside him , and since he had ventured into that space undoubtedly hoping Lewis had seen him , likely would have felt a little squeezed to begin with .

Clearly , though Bottas had his fronts ahead of Lewis's sidepods , given that the rears came together , he mustn't have seen him , as I don't think Lewis would ever swerve out to scare him at those speeds .
    In fact , had he seen him , the more likely reaction would have been to swerve away , to avoid collision .

As it was , though , it sure looked like Lewis was responsible for moving over , however slightly , and for causing the collision .

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    NBC for screwing up the races with so many commercials. I finally realized I could watch the last two races on UNIHD a Spanish speaking station that shows the races commercial free, and listened to the BBC broadcast on line!
    REALLY???????????????????????????????

Oh, goodbye 400 commercials then. No matter who shows the races in the US the constant commercials ruin watching the race.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."