Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Re: 2013 Finale. Brazilian GP Thread

Now that Vettel got 8 consecutive wins, I was actually watching the race with a trepidation wondering if Vettel can win 9th and set a new record. I think today's race showed that even Vettel can't take these wins for granted. The mishap in Red Bull pits was bizarre and I was wondering about engine reliability to the last lap.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts

With real rain never coming, it really changed up some strategies. I thought for sure they would at least have to go to intermediates at some point.

Great drive by Seb as usual, with Mark making it to the podium for his final race.

Lewis and Felipe played donkey, though in all fairness I don't see why one particular portion of the track has lines and limits enforced, while other areas don't. There was one corner where Alonso, Perez, Gutierrez and others were going four wheels off on a regular basis.

McLaren must have done something right for a change to have both Button and Perez recover from bad starting positions. Too bad it took them all year to get something right. And I think they are morons for letting go of Checo so quickly.

Ferrari had a good day as well, and even with Felipe's mistake the car setup was obviously better than usual.

And Lucy, welcome to the forums. I didn't see Jack Roush in the pits... but it could have been him.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I think they (McLaren) are morons for letting go of Checo so quickly.
    They think that highly of Magnussen, I suppose.

I thought Perez ran well enough and challenged Button enough to have earned another year, so I don't know what else the McLaren hierarchy could have been thinking. At least McLaren is trying to help Perez land another drive, and my guess is they might feel like they owe him since he really did have a decent season.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I think they (McLaren) are morons for letting go of Checo so quickly.
    They think that highly of Magnussen, I suppose.

I thought Perez ran well enough and challenged Button enough to have earned another year, so I don't know what else the McLaren hierarchy could have been thinking. At least McLaren is trying to help Perez land another drive, and my guess is they might feel like they owe him since he really did have a decent season.
    Well he out qualified Button by 10 vs 9 this season! He deserved another year at least.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Brazil is always a good race to watch and especially with the end of season feel usually associated. This time it was an anti-climax with Vettel barely a lap in P2. The rest of the racing was good but then that has always been the case this year. We want racing up top!!!

Nice bit of farewell for Massa with the mechanics' guard of honour and then Webber with his helmet off.

I just want to see another flag/anthem being played on the podium next year.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I enjoyed this race, a good fair well to Webber, he will be missed. Too bad hamilton took out bottas.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

As always, the Brazilian GP proved to be a great race . There is just something about this track that always delivers drama and/or a great race
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I just read in JA's blog that McLaren has become the only team so far to have both cars classified in every Grand Prix in a season. That's quite a nice record even though it came in such a lacklustre season as this one.
    It flatters them a little bit I think, I'm sure there were a couple of occasions when a McLaren retired but was classified in the results as it was after 90% race distance.