Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Re: 2013 US Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I was expecting to watch this race this evening but the highlights are scheduled for 22.25!! Far too late and this will be a race I watch later in the week as I'll be long in bed by that time. Sort of ruins the hype for the US GP for the vast majority of British fans even if the season is effectively over. It's a race I enjoyed last year.
    22:25 is too late??
    Why miss the race in the first place?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

2013 US Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I was expecting to watch this race this evening but the highlights are scheduled for 22.25!! Far too late and this will be a race I watch later in the week as I'll be long in bed by that time. Sort of ruins the hype for the US GP for the vast majority of British fans even if the season is effectively over. It's a race I enjoyed last year.
    It's late for me on a Sunday night as I get up at 5:45 in the week for a long drive to work each morning. I miss the race in the first place because it's not shown before 22:25 at night here. If the BBC showed it live I'd watch this one live, but in the UK that's the way it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    LOL, in a McLaren Merchandising booth they apparently sold Mexico flags with marihuana leaves printed on it
    I really don't understand the big hubbub that was made about this. McLaren specified that it was a third party that was selling them. Marijuana logos are very popular in the states, not the least of which by Mexican-Americans. It is only a matter of time before it is completely decriminalized.
    Another case of PC ruining a cool novelty IMO.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 9qKlrxaiqK
    https://www.theweedblog.com/wp-content/ ... naleaf.jpg
    http://assets.hightimes.com/styles/larg ... a-leaf.jpg
    http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... 0DqOkw.jpg
    May the forza be with you

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    It's late for me on a Sunday night as I get up at 5:45 in the week for a long drive to work each morning. I miss the race in the first place because it's not shown before 22:25 at night here. If the BBC showed it live I'd watch this one live, but in the UK that's the way it is.

Or you could do like the rest of the non paying world and watch a web streaming of the race.
    There was a pretty good stream during quali, apparently.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    Quote Originally Posted by tjoepie
    I was at a music quiz and so missed the qualifying, but Perez 7, Button 13. I wonder which team sacked a promising young driver and retained a has-been... (Watch Button have a storming race just to spite me).
    I was waiting for Whitmarsh to declare that Button had a superb quali and that the whole team was sad for him because he couldn't do better than p13 and he had the penalty, and that Perez' p7 was a total disappointment.

That was pretty much what he said at the end of last race.
    Whitmarsh was in favour of keeping Perez, that's why he is trying to help him get a drive at Lotus or Force India.
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

I can't help but admire Nico Hülkenberg. Fourth on the grid again. I am also impressed with Sauber. It looked like they could close doors mid-season, but for the second year in a row they have managed to develop a really fast car, even if it has taken half a year this time to reach its potential. We have often seen Hülkenberg battling with the likes of Hamilton and Alonso on merit. Looks like today could be the case again.

I am also impressed with the kind of consistency Grosjean has achieved in the latter stages of the season. He always left an impression of an erratic driver, but there he is - YET again in good position to drive for a podium position.

Bottas I think underperformed in Q3, it was an unusual pressure for him - for the first time a very fast car in dry conditions. But looking forward for more from this guy in the last two races and especially next year in a hopefully improved machinery.

Good comeback by Kovalainen considering the circumstances and that he has hardly sat in the car. Must be interesting feeling for him to compete for much better results in a single race than could be possible in a Caterham for three consecutive years.

Looking forward to whether Button, Rosberg and Massa can get into points-positions. Alonso should be Grosjean's biggest contender for P3, but Hülkenberg and Hamilton may want to say something about it as well. Red Bull? Looking for 8 in a row for Seb. If nothing else interesting is going on at the front, he might just as well go for the records. At least something to look for.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Or you could do like the rest of the non paying world and watch a web streaming of the race.
    Which brings up a something I'm curious about; I also watch streaming video along with the NBCSN TV broadcast here in the US, because I miss too much due to the ridiculous amount of commercials that they show. I think I'm going to watch this race on a Mexican language station as they show it almost uninterrupted, mute it and listen to the English audio on my usual UK streams. But back to my question, I've noticed lately I've only gotten Sky broadcasts, does this mean that the beeb is not streaming the races that they don't broadcast live on TV, as I have no idea which races the BBC broadcast on TV for ya''awl boys back in the UK?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

2013 US Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I have done that once in the past so yes that's an option. If I get a bit if spare cash next year I might get a chipped box as although illegal, it's about a sixth of the annual cost of Sky. You also get movies with that too. I would probably only realistically consider that if the BBC dropped all live races though.

If anybody knows a decent stream for tonight, I'd appreciate a PM, thanks

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

So far I´m impressed with Kovalainen! Heres hope that he will score some points today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    Quote Originally Posted by tjoepie
    I was at a music quiz and so missed the qualifying, but Perez 7, Button 13. I wonder which team sacked a promising young driver and retained a has-been... (Watch Button have a storming race just to spite me).
    I was waiting for Whitmarsh to declare that Button had a superb quali and that the whole team was sad for him because he couldn't do better than p13 and he had the penalty, and that Perez' p7 was a total disappointment.

That was pretty much what he said at the end of last race.
    Whitmarsh was in favour of keeping Perez, that's why he is trying to help him get a drive at Lotus or Force India.
    I was making fun of Whitmarsh's comments after Abu Dhabi.

Perez qualified better than Button, Perez finished on P9, Button on P12.

Button had a contact with another car on lap 1, bad quali plus early contact meant his race was over before the end of lap 1.

Perez said his car had no pace during the race, just what Button said yesterday during quali. It is kind of funny that if one driver says his car mysteriously loses pace or grip, the team just says, bad luck for our driver, if the other says the same, that driver has a disappointing race.

At the end of the race Whitmarsh said that Button had a great/superb race and that the whole team was sad because he couldn't do better than 12 because of bad luck (bad quali has nothing to do with luck, you start behind, chances of a contact are greater), he then said that Perez P9 was disappointing.

After those comments I knew McLaren had made their decision before the race and Whitmarsh was trying to save face knowing they were going to announce they were releasing the driver that had finished better in the last 2 races and keeping the driver that had no points in the last 2 races. (In India Perez was P5, and Button P14).

I was just mocking those comments with yesterday's results, I was just making fun of something Whitmarsh had to do last race, praising P12, disappointed at P9.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus