Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    A puppy.
    A lab or golden puppy......too cute.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Re: Your Favourite Thing

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    My lovely dog, why ?
    Nice dog Pino.

My wife and I would love to get another one, but we're on the go so much it wouldn't be fair to the dog. We sadly had to put the last one down at age 15 a few years ago.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Swimming in the sea. Makes me forget all the trouble and feel young, careless and free. In a previous life I must have been a medusa.
    I hope you meant "mermaid" , rather than "medusa" there , gadjo .

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

our first baby (the canine one) which we had to give away to a friend as we didn't want him to be alone all day.
    playing my guitar - I am no pro but better than a beginner
    walking up a hill or a mountain and getting that feeling of being tired but very satisfied at getting to the top
    listening to music while driving on empty and winding roads (which doesn't happen often enough!)
    getting soaked in the first few torrential monsoon storms (this is truly amazing and almost a ritual every year)
    good food and cold beer - preferably near the sea
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Swimming in the sea. Makes me forget all the trouble and feel young, careless and free. In a previous life I must have been a medusa.
    Holy crap, I didn't even catch that when she said it. Scared!

As for me, great question by the OP and a very hard one for me to answer. Beyond family I could list a lot of things I'd consider. But challenging physical interaction with nature has to be my favorite. Be it the power of a hurricane, survival in the cold, mountain biking... all great things for me.

When I lived in southern California I made several trips into Mexico fishing, diving, surfing, camping... and partying. On one trip we had camped on a great beach and had been off roading most of the day. As the sun set, the surf was growing larger and larger, and we all chilled checking it out. We pulled a couple trucks up and got lights on the surf and watched... and watched.

I don't remember who was the first to muster the cajones to grab a board, but I know it wasn't me. Only one person there had big wave surf skills, once again not me. But eventually all of us joined in. I think all of us had some total fails that night, and at least two of us, myself included, probably came near drowning. There were a bunch of dolphins playing in the surf as well, making it even more magical and surreal under the glow of the lights.

After getting completely pounded on one trip out I sat and caught my breath as the others continued. And then it happened. A monster set was rolling in and I was right where I needed to be. My friend dug in and paddled over it, but despite my apprehension I turned and started paddling. I got a late takeoff and barely made the bottom turn, carrying way more speed than I thought I would make it through. I did make it, but ended up being slow and sucked into the barrel of the wave as it kept rolling. The last I could see I had probably 6-8 feet of barrel in front of me, water was trying to rip my head off, and I thought my fate was sealed, so I took a deep breath and prepared for pounding.

The wave peaked up and closed out.... and somehow I came spitting out the end in the spray. I was so pumped I didn't notice the following wave, which nailed me and tossed me most of the way to the shore. But that stuff was pure adrenaline magic, and I'll remember it and those people for the rest of my life.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Holy crap, I didn't even catch that when she said it. Scared!
    Why? You'll never get to look into my eyes....
    Besides, aren't you the same brave fearless guy who fought with the huge waves?

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Probably playing my guitar, the other guitar, the banjo, or the mandolin. Or on a clear night looking at what is in the great beyond through my telescope.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

My F1 collection.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

tough one really.

I think its doing my garden. I know it sounds old man stuff, but just being outside alone, it gives you a chance to clear you're head.

Also playing Football with my friends. We play a couple of times a week, and again you forget anything going on in your life and just laugh with your mates. Great
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

My 50" plasma t.v. ...
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti