Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Re: Mercedes CLA 250 - What do you think of it?

Jag, I just watched Motorweek's review of the CLA. Somewhat mixed, but approving of M-B's efforts. No mention of the 'look-alike' styling to the VW's CC, though, as they felt it was more towards the family resemblance to the CLS.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    agree with jenny pie.
    however, for $30 grand you can't even get a decent Golf here
    or Jeep. We are getting slaughtered pricewise with just about all cars. You might get a Daewoo here for that.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

[quote=Valve Bounce]
    Quote Originally Posted by "donKey jote":ydmo5xpn
    agree with jenny pie.
    however, for $30 grand you can't even get a decent Golf here
    or Jeep. We are getting slaughtered pricewise with just about all cars. You might get a Daewoo here for that.[/quote:ydmo5xpn]

You should check out our car prices here Valve. A Nissan GTR here costs double what it costs in Japan, USA, Europe etc
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y
    In news related to the drift of this thread the new WRX was announced. In response I'm calling up a shop to order some new struts for my 2005 and having them grind off some rust that is starting behind two fenders. I'm sure it's good for another 140,000 miles.
    I just saw the shots from the L.A. Auto Show. Sadly, the new Rex looks almost nothing like that sweet, futuristic WRX concept car. But then again, WRXs have never been things of beauty - we were just hoping against hope. Some (like my '04 and your '05) have been somewhat better looking than the completely hideous newer ones and the rather bland looking older ones. Parked beside my XK8, the WRX wagon is still a nice looking car (IMO), but it's not going to win that beauty contest. But now, once you get behind the wheel, that little WRX with the Stage 2 turbo wins the day outright. Only on a long straight away is the Jag faster (but don't even mention a curve to the English girl). Performance, reliability, quality and driving excitement-wise, the WRX is just a MUCH better car than the Jag.

The new WRX looks oddly and amazingly like a Corolla. I don't hate the Corolla, but I wouldn't jump to buy one either. And despite rumors to the contrary, the 2015 WRX is still based on the Impreza platform (though they've apparently dropped "Impreza" from its model name). But I'm glad they went back to the 2.0 liter turbo. What they've done to this 2.0 liter gives it about the same stock horsepower that I had to spend some decent bucks to get out of my 2.0 with aftermarket parts and tuning. I'm guessing similar parts would easily push this thing to at least 300 horsepower with Stage 2 tuning. And that it will now have a 6 speed is great news! I really like what I've seen of the interior. And I like the available options I've heard about so far - including a factory sunroof. I'm expecting the price to be close to what it is now (mid $20's and roughly $30K fully loaded). Apart from the looks, this baby could be a fellow's dream date for the prom. All I want to see now is what they do with the new STI. I know the wagon will be killed off with both the WRX and the STI. But if the STI has some of the features that I've read about on rumor sites, I think that might be what I'm going with.

The weak-engined CLA that I had in the OP was something I felt was worth a look. But to get AWD (which I have to have), I'd have to go for the AMG version for $45K +. And by the time you got a decent option or two on that, you'd be looking at $50K easy. For that kind of money, you could go nuts on an STI with options and it would beat the AMG like a rented government mule on any road course or drag strip. So it wouldn't be a Mercedes. Who cares?! A Mercedes is an old man's car anyway. If I'm going to get me one of these high school cheerleader girlfriends I've been hearing about, I need a young fellow's car. So first I get an STI and then I guess I need to buy some Justin Beemer and Lady GoogyGa 8-track tapes... that sound about right?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I like it - I'll take two!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout