Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BRDC? Forums Opinion

So, what are your thoughts on the BRDC?

I may be in a position to have some dealings with the organisation soon, but am not sure it would be a positive association or not. Was reading up about the group recently and have noted online that opinion seems to be divided as to whether they are a force for good in British racing or a bit of a closed shop and only primarily concerned with putting the BRDC first? The term 'elitist' seemed common.

Are there any BRDC members on the forum?
    Would really like to know how they are perceived by the regular racing fans?

???

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Re: BRDC? Forums Opinion

I'm told Ecclestone was only made an associate member, not a full member, hence the problems...

A "by invitation only" organisation has no place playing such a prominent role anywhere, any more than the MSA (and any similar "governing body") will have any credibility until it replaces cronyism with democracy.

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts

Re: BRDC? Forums Opinion

I believe the disagreement with Bernie was more basic than that. The story I read was that during some negotiations, Bernie offered an assurance and a BRDC member asked "Can we trust you?". Although Bernie has a reputation for being a 'wheeler-dealer' he also has a reputation for being dead honest in his dealings. If he agrees something, he sticks by it - if you like, "His word is his bond". Consequently he was deeply offended when his personal integrity was questioned. And his relationship with the BRDC has been tainted ever since.

What dealings are you likely to be having with the BRDC? Commercial dealings? Buying from them or working for them, etc. - or can't you say?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.