Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Re: Sebastian Vettel 2013 World Champion

I think Seb should set no time in Quali in UAE and see if he can win from the back.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

hehe yep.

or start from the pits after eating an icecream
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Congratulations to Vettel.

A true great of the sport.

Congratulations to Red Bull.

A fantastic team.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Congrats. Superb stuff! A superb season! To sum up the consistency of his campaign, his worst race of the whole year has probably been Hungary, in which Hamilton probably genuinely outdrove him, although there is a strong argument that RBR strategy department didn't really perform well either, sending Seb repeteadly back into traffic. However, if your worst drive of the season means getting onto the podium, I'd take it any day of the week.

And it is good to add Brundle quote here I just heard. "And he is the best driver at the moment too. I have no doubt about that."

Very good emotions now. But hopefully 2014 will bring something unusual, because some of Vettel's dominations have finally started to wear on me too. But at least the action behind him has been pretty interesting recently, making up for it.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Oh, and big congrats to Red Bull Racing as well. The team has written itself right into the history books of Formula One in a golden way.

The silver Mercedes' domination of 54-55, the Chapman's innovative dominating Lotuses, McLaren-Honda's great run of 1988-1991, the great Williams cars from 1991 to 1997. Ferrari's run from 2000-2004. Red Bull Racing is right alongside those legendary teams in historical perspective. It may have been boring to some, but we have been witnessing something absolutely sublime.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Oh, and big congrats to Red Bull Racing as well. The team has written itself right into the history books of Formula One in a golden way.

The silver Mercedes' domination of 54-55, the Chapman's innovative dominating Lotuses, McLaren-Honda's great run of 1988-1991, the great Williams cars from 1991 to 1997. Ferrari's run from 2000-2004. Red Bull Racing is right alongside those legendary teams in historical perspective. It may have been boring to some, but we have been witnessing something absolutely sublime.
    ^^like
    good point
    United in diversity !!!

And, just as with the aforementioned teams, it is up to their rivals to do a better job in order to beat them.

I think it is sad that some people would wish to belittle the achievement of Vettel by claiming it is because of the car.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    And it is good to add Brundle quote here I just heard. "And he is the best driver at the moment too. I have no doubt about that."
    I don't have an awful lot of respect for Brundle but what he is saying is very true judging by your quote. The best driver over a season wins the championship. The best team over a season wins the championship. One without the other doesn't win usually. There are a few other drivers on the grid I would put on the same level as Vettel, but with F1 being very much a team effort, the drivers ability tells us nothing if the tools are not there.

Vettel has joined the greats in terms of championship wins and he fully deserves it. We look to 2014 now to see if the other top teams can adapt to the new regulations better than Red Bull. The likes of Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton, and Rosberg will be hoping their hard work will shine through if they land in the kind of car Red Bull have been producing I'm sure. We are lucky in this era we have so many good drivers on the grid. A shake up next year will be very welcome.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I think Seb should set no time in Quali in UAE and see if he can win from the back.
    Didn't he start from last position there last year and finish 3rd?
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Could I also add that, if Sebastian wins again next year, it would be fantastic.

I'm Ferrari, not Red Bull, but that makes me appreciate the skill, talent and ability it takes to win multiple championships.

It is something that should be hoped for, in a way, since perfection is what all F1 teams should be seeking. It is something that should be truly admired.

And if somebody else wins, then they have beaten one of the elite. Which will, in itself, be a fantastic achievement.