Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernie

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Re: Bernie

[quote=D28][quote=555-04Q2]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You would be correct sir :) But Bernie's influence has, and always will be until he retires, been a huge influence on how F1 actually runs.[/quote

Fair enough, he has had way too much influence IMO. Still there is enough blame to go around.
    Well yes and no, IMO. He does have a lot of influence considering the sheer size of the F1 circus and he is just one man. But, and it's a big but, if it weren't for him I doubt F1 would be the success it is today.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Just the fact that after years of F1 having a pretty consistant layout, the format was tweaked because Ferrari had dominated so much in 2001 and 2002.

It was the first radical move towards improving the "show" that we see today. I seem to remember the one lap qualifying and race fuel onboard was to try and spice up the grids and to stop Ferrari just dominating every weekend.

After that it was changed again and again over the years, but it all seemed to descend from 2003 and trying to mix things up a bit. Which although provided some fun races seemed a bit harsh on Ferrari considering what a great job they did in 2002.

I may be remembering wrong, but I am sure when Bernie spoke on TV he would quite often say they needed to stop the Red Cars always winning. Or something along those lines.
    100% correct! The aim was to weaken Ferrari or rather give the other teams a chance to catch up. All it did was the opposite for a while (remember the dominance of the 2004 Ferrari). In the end, all they did was make teams have to spend more money to redesign their cars each year and then they turn around and say F1 teams are spending to much money on development and need to cut back on costs. WTF? Sometimes I wonder how the monkeys that make the decisions in life manage to climb up the tree at all, let alone secure a grip on a branch and shout from the top branches
    In the ABSENCE of a like button, which is visible to mortal posters and without cluttering up the board. I will say

#Like
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Just the fact that after years of F1 having a pretty consistant layout, the format was tweaked because Ferrari had dominated so much in 2001 and 2002.

It was the first radical move towards improving the "show" that we see today. I seem to remember the one lap qualifying and race fuel onboard was to try and spice up the grids and to stop Ferrari just dominating every weekend.

After that it was changed again and again over the years, but it all seemed to descend from 2003 and trying to mix things up a bit. Which although provided some fun races seemed a bit harsh on Ferrari considering what a great job they did in 2002.

I may be remembering wrong, but I am sure when Bernie spoke on TV he would quite often say they needed to stop the Red Cars always winning. Or something along those lines.
    100% correct! The aim was to weaken Ferrari or rather give the other teams a chance to catch up. All it did was the opposite for a while (remember the dominance of the 2004 Ferrari). In the end, all they did was make teams have to spend more money to redesign their cars each year and then they turn around and say F1 teams are spending to much money on development and need to cut back on costs. WTF? Sometimes I wonder how the monkeys that make the decisions in life manage to climb up the tree at all, let alone secure a grip on a branch and shout from the top branches
    In the ABSENCE of a like button, which is visible to mortal posters and without cluttering up the board. I will say

#Like
    Stop cluttering up the forum you

Mark, we got another clutterer here who needs sorting
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.