Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro 300km/h fly bys!!

I have filmed the incredible 2014 Audi R18 e-Tron Hybrid Quattro LMP1 during a private test day at Monza circuit. This will be the next Audi which will participate at the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans in the LMP1 category (Le Mans Prototype 1).
    It's powered by a Turbocharged V6 DOHC TDI engine which is able to produce 510HP and over 850NM of torque, but thanks to its light weight and aerodynamics, can easily reach a top speed of over 340km/h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFaGiCcHC0

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Re: Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro 300km/h fly bys!!

I went to your youtube web page and really enjoyed the videos that were there. Great footage and sounds. I kind of wonder what you did to capture the engine sounds in such good detail. The Audis in your link are fascinating. I have seen them in Austin last month, and they're definitely quite unique. They're the quietest car on the race track. They sort of sound like a quiet vacuum cleaner as they pass on the main straight. I do like more the sounds of GT cars. The Corvette GT2 is probably the most badass sounding car. The BMW Z4 and Audi R8 are also among my favorites.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

At the Petit, I'd give the prize for best sound to the Rebellion, with the Ferraris a close second.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Ferrari 458 GT2 car has loud extreme high frequency sound. My ears are still pretty sensitive to high frequency sound even in my 30s. Last time at COTA, my ears were sore after the first two hours, and so I decided to take a hike around the race track during the 6 hour WEC race. I kind of wonder where does this loud high frequency sound is coming from. The road going Ferrari 458's engine can rev to 9000RPM red line, so you can expect loud high frequencies. However, supposedly the engine in the GT2 Ferrari car is restricted to 6000RPM. Its sound is still pretty fatiguing. The Corvette engine is just as loud, but there is more emphasis on lower frequencies, so it's not has fatiguing.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Wow - Faaast! Incredible car, Porsche have got it all in front of them to stay on the same lap! Really looking forward to the WEC 2014.

Thanks for the post!