Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts

Wales Rally GB 2013

So not long now until Wales Rally GB.

Still disappointed with the route for Sunday, but nothing we can do about that. Just have to make sure I make the most of seeing them 3 - 4 times on the Quali stage on the Thursday and in the stages.

Heard a rumour today that Kubica is now doing the event in a works DS3 WRC. Not sure if it's another car, or the seat that Meeke was rumoured to be having. Guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks when an entry list is revealed.

There is also hope amongst british fans, that the rally will see the return of multiple British rally champion, Mark Higgins in a Fiesta R5. And of course Irish Driver Keith Cronin has a chance to take the Citroen Top Driver trophy on stages he knows.

The entries for the national rallies are also looking pretty good, over 100 crews entered which should fill the time between the international rally.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts

Re: Wales Rally GB 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    Heard a rumour today that Kubica is now doing the event in a works DS3 WRC. Not sure if it's another car, or the seat that Meeke was rumoured to be having. Guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks when an entry list is revealed.
    Rumors says that it will be Al Qassimi's car.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

Well Meeke better had be in Sordo's car then!

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Personally I would like to see Sordo driving his usual car, he deserves a chance for a better position in the championship. Meeke showed so far that he is not ready to take responsibility either as No1 or No2 driver, so give him Al Qassimi's car

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    Well Meeke better had be in Sordo's car then!
    As I read on polish autoklub.pl, it's Al Quassimi himself (during Cyprus Rally) who said that Robert will start in Rally GB, also Meeke was under consideration but finally it'll be Kubica who'll take his car.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    Personally I would like to see Sordo driving his usual car, he deserves a chance for a better position in the championship. Meeke showed so far that he is not ready to take responsibility either as No1 or No2 driver, so give him Al Qassimi's car
    I disagree. Okay he failed to do what he was asked to by the team, but that's no different to Solberg, McRae, Latvala, Duval and many many other drivers in their first season. I think that on his pure pace alone he has shown he can be the number 2 driver for Citroen, but I think that ship has sadly sailed for him.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts

What is the point of getting a better final championship placing for Sordo? He can't win anything, and neither can Citroen. So unless they mean to keep Sordo for next year, why not try out other drivers in his seat.

Fair play, Kubica is a good choice, just so they can see what he can do in a top class car.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

If Meeke got 2 opportunities to show himself, then why shouldn't Kubica get at least 1?
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

MAXRALLY ?@MAXRALLY 8?
    Robert Kubica gets factory Citroen drive for @WalesRallyGB #WRC

https://twitter.com/MAXRALLY

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    What is the point of getting a better final championship placing for Sordo? He can't win anything, and neither can Citroen. So unless they mean to keep Sordo for next year, why not try out other drivers in his seat.

Fair play, Kubica is a good choice, just so they can see what he can do in a top class car.
    What is the point of driving anyone else apart from Latvalla and Nueville, others can't win anything then?